Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 10 Apr 2019
View : 1366
Deadline : 19 / April / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Project Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G5), (THB 74,905.75 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, with possibility of extension Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19 April 2019
Reference Code : SVN021/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the successful candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of the Project “Strengthening Border Management and Intelligence Capacity of Thai Government Officials, Phase IV” funded by the Government of Canada and “Supporting the Government of Thailand to improve migration and border management structures in the midst of rapid ASEAN Integration” funded by IOM Development Fund under the thematic area of Immigration and Border Management (IBM), in the IOM Thailand Country Office.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the successful implementation of capacity building activities and Border and Migration Management Assessment within the areas of IBM through the development of the workplan and performance measurement frameworks.
- Take the lead role in the organization of capacity building activities under the projects, including but not limited to, developing agendas, identifying venue, facilitating invitations, preparing materials, preparing and completing administrative requirements, and facilitating transportation and logistical arrangements as necessary, in line with the financial, technical and human resources of the project.
- Maintain the first line of communication and liaison with all national stakeholders under the projects to ensure productive working relationships with all national project counterparts, most especially relevant agencies of the Royal Thai Police.
- Liaise with national and international immigration and law enforcement authorities in Thailand to form partnerships and ensure complementarity with related initiatives in the areas of IBM.
- Facilitate the training activities and assist trainers to ensure lessons being delivered in aligned with the workplan.
- Deliver project presentations at capacity building trainings and support the Project Manager in preparing IBM presentations where appropriate.
- Review, update and revise existing training materials training materials in coordination with external trainers.
- Contribute to unit reporting and communications through drafting and editing reports for capacity building events, interim/final donor reports, project proposals, reviewing evaluations, producing/updating briefing notes, visibility products and project factsheets.
- Liaise with the IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific as needed to ensure the necessary technical resources and expertise for successful implementation of the project.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluations of all project activities, including development of evaluation tools and incorporation of the findings into final reporting.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in international relations, political science, security studies, or relevant field.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural environment and respect diversity.
- At least two years of work experience in migration issues for non‐governmental organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions.
- Sound knowledge of programme development, implementation and evaluation and familiarity with financial and business administration.
- Sound knowledge of Immigration and Border Management and Counter Trafficking principles, practices and challenges a distinct advantage.
- Team work oriented but with a capacity to work independently.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- English (Fluent) and Thai.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN021/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from thailand.iom.int);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 05.04.2019 to 19.04.2019
Contact : email@example.com