Organization : JICA project for ASEAN University Network / Southeast Asia Engineering Education Development Network
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 19 Apr 2019
View : 1121
Deadline : 19 / May / 2019
AUN/SEED-Net (ASEAN University Network / Southeast Asia Engineering Education Development Network) has been established to promote human resource development in engineering for sustainable socio-economic development of the ASEAN region. The network consists of 26 member institutions in ASEAN with assistance from 14 Japanese supporting universities. Full operation of AUN/SEED-Net Project started in 2003 with main support from the Japanese Government through Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). Project activities have been implemented by the Member Institutions and AUN/SEED-Net Secretariat with support from 14 leading Japanese Supporting Universities and JICA Project for AUN/SEED-Net.
Job Title: Program Officer (Editorial)
Office Location: Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok
Salary Level: 40,000～50,000THB per month; medical insurance and annual bonus provided
Contract Period: From May 2019 to March 2020 (extendable once, until March 2021)
Main duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision of Project Coordinator, Program Officer (Editorial) is expected to perform day-to-day functions and additional ad hoc tasks assigned to support the project team members.
The position holder will work mainly for the further development of the scientific journal which AUN/SEED-Net started its publication in 2011. The main duties include planning and coordinating with stakeholders and other people in the process as well as monitoring and managing the operation of the journal through an online journal management system efficiently in order to obtain highly evaluated citation index for the journal.
Duties / responsibilities
- Set publication strategy and schedule with a feasible plan of calling for papers in consultation with Project Coordinator
- Evaluate submitted journal papers with Chief Editors and consult with authors regarding its amendment
- Copyedit and proofread editorial content to increase quality, appeal and relevance for an international audience according the journal standards
- Ensure that the submitted manuscripts adhere to the given guidelines of the journal and the standards of the journal as specified in the publishing policy have been maintained
- Manage and monitor the progress of the manuscripts using an online journal management system
- Ensure the smooth review process for the submitted manuscripts to final print in conjunction with the Management Team
- Ensure that all datelines are met, and keep the Project Coordinator informed of any changes to the schedule
- Increase the quality and utility of the journal by researchers in the field of engineering
- Develop the journal further to achieve the level of international recognition
- Monitor general trend in terms of scientific journal and set a feasible strategy for the journal to obtain appropriate citation index
- Develop and implement plans for public relations and promotional events and initiatives including engagement
- Create content, conduct interviews, shoot photos, and monitor all media channels
- Program Officer (Editorial) is expected to perform other duties relevant to project activities as assigned
- Depending on your expertise and field of interest, Program Officer will have a chance to join and grow in various internal Task Force Teams.
- Other duties relevant to the project when requested.
Essential: Candidates with the following qualifications and personalities are required:
- Thai nationality
- Minimum 3 years work experience on editorial job
- Bachelor’s degree in any academic field
- Independent self-learners sometimes with less supervisions
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proactive, committed, and flexible attitude to work with colleagues and project partners from different social and cultural backgrounds
- Management skills of assigned tasks with priorities
- Able to work extra hours and sometimes at weekends
- Able to travel within ASEAN countries
Interested candidates are requested to submit documents as below:
CV, copy of academic transcripts, copy of English language certificate such as
TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge, a recent photo, and a cover letter with the
information about your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about AUN/SEED-net, please visit our website: www.seed-net.org
- We will respond only to the shortlisted candidates.
- Deadline: open until the position is taken.
- All applications will be handled confidentially and the submitted documents will not be returned.
Contact : 02 218 6419 to 21