Organization : UNCDF
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 19 Apr 2019
View : 1462
Deadline : 4 / May / 2019
Under the overall guidance of the Project Manager and direct supervision of the Project Management Analyst, the Project Administrative Associate ensures effective delivery of global and country projects by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNCDF & UNDP rules and regulations.
Local Climate Adaptive Living Facility (LoCAL) is the UNCDF’s facility for investment in local level climate resilience. The facility channels global adaptation finance to local governments – who by virtue of their mandates are at the frontline of dealing with the effects of climate change – and enables them to invest in building local resilience. The method for doing so is innovative: the LoCAL Facility connects to existing national intergovernmental fiscal transfer systems and supplements transfers to local governments with performance-based climate resilience grants (PBCRGs). LoCAL thus provides a fast and effective means to channel adaptation finance to where it is most needed, while at the same time ensuring ownership, accountability and results.
The Project Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the UNCDF & UNDP operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO, Programme Support Unit at the regional office and UNCDF HQs as required for resolving complex programme, project and finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Provides Procurement and Administrative support
- Implementation of sourcing strategy
- Control of Project Assets at RO and CO
- Provision of logistical and contract management Services
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services;
- Proper management of common services;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Details of the key functions
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UNDP/UNCDF rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to the business processes mapping and elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Administration and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management.
2. Provision of procurement support to LoCAL Secretariat and its Country Offices focuses on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP/UNCDF rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement plans for the office and inserting them in UNCDF Intranet;
- Procurement of travel services, workshop arrangements, goods and services for LoCAL Secretariat and its Country Offices;
- Issuing Purchase orders and communication with vendors about the status of orders;
- Creation of vendors set-up and submit for approval
- Reply and manage day-to-day correspondences with both internal UNCDF units and external partners especially vendors and clients;
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Maintain contract management database for monitoring the ongoing contracts;
- Maintain LTA management database to monitor ceiling of LTAs;
3. Ensures effective administrative and financial control in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of the control mechanism for administrative services,
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures;
- Regularly update and maintain contracts database and payment dashboard of commitments and expenditures such as consultant, payment of goods and services;
- Proper control and of the supporting documents for payments, ensuring the proper filing system in LoCAL Database and electronic/hard copies;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; payrolls are duly prepared; travel claims, POs and other entitlements are duly processed;
- Prepare a request for payment for the programme team, resources persons and participants;
- Review, research, verification and reconciliation of a variety of data and reports ensuring accuracy and conformance with administrative rules and regulations.
4. Provision of logistical support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provides logistical support to organization of conferences, workshops and retreats;
- Arrange travel authorization, reservations;
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters;
- Responsible for issue related to issuance of visas, stay permit, issuance of UNLP, ground pass, Identification Card for staffs;
- Supports control LoCAL Project Assets and inventory including keep record and maintenance of Office Assets and supplies and participation in periodic office physical inventory and asset verification exercises as needed;
- Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies;
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for shipments (received/sent);
- Facilitation of logistical arrangement for delivery and arrival of goods;
- Facilitation of VAT clearance process;
- Proper record and tracking of common services expenditure;
- Perform other work-related tasks assigned by the supervisors.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and maintenance of the project filing system;
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Thai national with Secondary Education;
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement;
- Specialized training in administrative service or procurement is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. For candidates with Bachelor’s degree, the minimum experience requirement is reduced to 4 years;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience with using ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Fluency in English and language of the duty station.
Interested candidates should submit applications online with UN personal History Form (P11) by 4 May 2019
This position is open for Thai nationals only.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For more information, please contact HR Thailand at email@example.com
Contact : https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=22885