Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 22 Apr 2019
View : 637
Deadline : 5 / May / 2019
TITLE: Achieve Project Officer - Pattani
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Operations Department
LOCATION: Pattani Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Save the Children has initiated a new USAID-funded project in Pattani city that aims at improving meaningful engagement among citizens of different background in Thailand’s Deep South. The project will target 400 local youth (b,g,m,w) in a vocational training scheme aimed at fostering inter-communal cooperation skills while improving youth’s live skills and employment opportunities. The vocational training scheme will be composed of 3 key phases including 1) training (technical and life skills), 2) internship, 3) small enterprise development.
The Vocational Training Officer will assist the Project Coordinator (PC) in implementing project activities, data collection, monitoring & evaluation and collaboration with implementing partners and key stakeholders in accordance with project design and plans agreed. He/she will closely implement and monitor activities related to the Vocational Training program in collaboration with implementing partners to promote collaboration and trust among youth from different backgrounds.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Coordinator/Senior Field Coordinator
Save the Children works in nine refugee camps, migrant communities in Mae Sot and Bangkok, and southern Thailand. The Thailand Country Office includes approximately 55 staff in Bangkok office and three sub-offices in Mae Sot and Pattani. The post holder will be based in Save the Children’s Pattani field office.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Project delivery:
- Support the Project Coordinator in implementing the project, ensuring delivery of activities, trainings and workshops directly implemented by Save the Children,
- Coordinate and communicate with implementing partners and stakeholders on the project’s activity implementation,
- Lead in engaging youth, trainers and key local stakeholders, providing trainings and coordinating event preparation and implementation.
- Support the Project Coordinator and the Communication and Media Coordinator in producing and disseminating communication content in line with donor requirements
- Ensure day-to-day administration of shared electronic and paper files to ensure straightforward access to information
- Responsible on support services function with comply to internal guidelines – directly procure goods, organise events and plan trips for the project
- Represent Save the Children in advocacy, networking meeting and workshop in support to the Project Coordinator as needed.
- Project management:
- Support the Project Coordinator to manage the project’s grant, ensuring donors’ compliance through proper tracking of reporting on activities, training and monitoring of project delivery and quality.
- Provide ideas, feedback and updates to the Project Coordinator on project progress
- Contribute to Field work reporting and monitoring visit by recording to MAT
- Support to the Project Coordinator in writing project reports for Save the Children members and donors
- Support the Project Coordinator and MEAL officer to develop monitoring and evaluation project plans, and ensure its implementation
- Support the Project Coordinator and Communication & Advocacy Coordinator to develop communication & advocacy project plans, and ensure its implementation
- Any other tasks given by line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor degree preferably with Agricultural Science, Social Science, Education or Higher Vocational Degree equivalent with 5 years experiences at least.
- Able to speak Pattani-Malayu. Excellent writing Thai and English with minimum TOEIC Score 400 - 500
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Vocational training, Life Skill training to youth and community work preferable in Songkhla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat areas.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good command of written and spoken Thai and English
- Good communications and facilitation skills
- Understanding of the deep south and southern Thailand context
- Good knowledge and experience in Disaster Risk Reduction, Emergency Response and/or Education will be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with ICT would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work insecure environments
- Ability and willingness to travel- up to 50% time
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as “Achieve Project Officer-Pattani_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : email@example.com