Organization : International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) Bangkok Hub
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 23 Apr 2019
View : 566
Deadline : 10 / May / 2019
International Planned Parenthood Federation
International Planned Parenthood Federation is seeking for the HR Officer (Ref.HRO1)
Office located in Vibhavadi Rangsit 44 Lane, Chatchuchak, Bangkok 10900
Competitive salary and dependent on proven ability
Join us to defend the sexual and reproductive health rights of all people
Empowering the most vulnerable women, men and young people in over 170 countries to access life-saving services and programmes and to live with dignity, the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and its 30,000 staff, along with millions of volunteers, campaign for sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) and deliver education and services through 65,000 service points.
IPPF is a global service provider and a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all. We are a worldwide movement of national organisations working with and for communities and individuals.
Qualification and requirement: -
- Thai nationality
- A degree in a related subject or equivalent standard of education, at least 5 years working experience with 3 years in HR
- Good level of spoken and written English is required, including experience of corresponding in English
- Good analytical skills and the ability to take the initiative and work autonomously.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and to manage own load.
- Sound budgeting and financial skills.
- You have proven relationship-building skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with both non-Thai and Thai staff, and with a wide variety of people and organisations.
- You are supportive of a woman’s right to choose and to have access to safe abortion services. This is an occupational requirement of this post.
Interested candidates should submit your CV and covering letter details of at least 3 referees to: VPrachoommark@ippf.org
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for HR Officer (Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date for submission: 10 May 2019
Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates openly living with HIV. IPPF is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply.
Job Title: HR Officer – (this post not require deployment for emergency) Unit: Shared Services
Rank: 5 Date: April 2019 Location: Bangkok Responsible to: Administration and HR Manager
- JOB PURPOSE
Describe why the job exists.
The position of Human Resource officer supports the establishment of regular Human Resources processes and record-keeping in the Bangkok Hub. It will also coordinate selection and administration of training and regular communication updates with a new emergency global roster. It reports to the Administration and Human Resources Manager.
- KEY TASKS
Describe the main activities undertaken by the job holder. The list need not be exhaustive but should reflect the most important features of the job.
The Shared Service Team in Bangkok office works with the Humanitarian team and South Asia Regional Office staff to support their administrative, financial and human resource needs. These teams consist of 15-20 staff with about 9 of these positions currently filled by expatriates. The position will support human resources processes in the hub, reporting to the Admin and HR Manager.
IPPF has established a Humanitarian Hub in Bangkok and committed to a long-range Humanitarian Strategy which includes establishment of a Global Surge roster for deployment to a wide range of humanitarian responses. With support from an external consultancy firm, job profiles for the roster and draft deployment policy and induction materials have been developed. This position will coordinate initial recruitment, training and maintenance of the Global roster, and administration of deployment missions.
Reporting to the HR and Admin Manager, to establish HR functions in the Hub:
- Establish induction and training procedures and support the Performance Development Review procedures in line with the IPPF Bangkok Hub’s HR Manual
- Supports Administration and HR Manager to effectively manage Human Resources policies, procedures and programs in accordance with Thai labour law.
- Supports Admin and HR Manager to establish complaints and grievance committee in the Hub, and to implement the Safeguarding Policy
- Coordinates IPPF-Hub recruitment and to ensure an efficient and effective of the recruitment process. Prepares employment contracts and variation of circumstances letters including promotions letters, acting up letters etc., and ensures timely renewal of employee contracts
- Records all final Consultancy Agreements as processed by IPPF Hub after ensuring that both parties have signed.
- Ensures exit interviews are conducted by Administration & HR manager
- Supports the Admin and HR Manager to ensure that compensation and benefits of IPPF employees are competitive and attractive and participates in compensation-benefits and/or salary surveys.
- Supports Admin & HR Manager to ensure consolidated records are maintained of job descriptions, employees contracts, work permits, probationary periods, increments, annual leave, sickness etc.
- To assist Managers in the hub to effectively performance manage and support learning of staff
- To assist Finance Manager to process accurate and timely payroll and taxation matters for all staff while maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
Working closely with Director level staff in the Humanitarian Hub team, to establish systems for a new Global Surge Roster for emergencies for 20-30 staff and support emergency deployments:
- Coordinate internal recruitment round to the Roster including global call-out and process the applications received.
- Support administration for a face-to-face orientation and training for the roster participants in Thailand.
- Liaise with Response Team Leaders/ Humanitarian Directors within the organisation to identify suitable candidates from the Global Surge Roster for deployment to the wide range of humanitarian responses.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all those who are on the Global Surge Roster
- Maintain information related to staff deployments via a simple tracking system, and potentially via use of an external roster management platform
- Support the Humanitarian Directors in assessing the overall composition of the Global Humanitarian Roster, identifying skills gaps and resource levels, and making recommendations for addressing these.
- Coordinate regular internal recruitment rounds for the Global Humanitarian Rosterr; and process the applications received from members’ staff and country programme staff.
- In the case of large scale humanitarian emergencies, effectively work with the Admin and HR Manager in providing direct support for deployments (including travel arrangements, visa application, pre-deployment clearances), recruitment, contracting, staff support etc. The support may be provided at a distance or possibly on the ground, depending on the scale of the emergency.
- Support Offices and deploying staff where appropriate, to deploy on time and as smoothly as possible.
- Follow up on diligence checks, secondment agreement and end-of-deployment performance review.
General responsibilities (as for other staff):
- To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
- To become familiar with the Federation’s Health and Safety Programme and Guidelines for using Visual Display Units. To do everything possible to ensure a healthy and safe working environment, including following instructions and guidance.
- To take collective responsibility for safeguarding
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
- To assist Humanitarian Directors to effectively support staff deployed to major emergencies
- a) staff responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
- b) financial responsibilities carried out by the job holder
- No financial responsibilities expected.
- c) advisory responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
- The postholder advises Bangkok Hub managers and staff on Human Resource processes and policies seeking guidance from HR and Admin Manager and if necessary from Central Office HR specialists where required.
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
3.1 EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
A degree in a related subject or equivalent standard of education, at least 5 years working experience with 3 years in HR experience with advanced experience working in project management or office management for international development or humanitarian organizations.
Previous experience of HR, recruitment, orientation and supporting administration of systems for staff performance management and learning is required. Experience of supporting emergency deployment rosters is highly desirable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Tactful, diplomatic, level headed and flexible – remains calm and focused in challenging situations.
- Must be an effective team player working across teams and divisions and undertaking varied roles within the administrative team.
- Good management and organisational skills required to prioritise workload and deal with conflicting priorities and challenging schedules.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Good level of spoken and written English is required, including experience of corresponding in English.
- Good skills – Advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook (or equivalent) Excel, Internet, PowerPoint.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
4.4 PERSONAL COMPETENCE
- Sound judgement.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural and diverse environment in which IPPF operates.
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understanding of and a commitment to safeguarding including child protection, in a local and international context.
- Supportive of a woman’s right to choose and to have access to safe abortion services.
Contact : Vprachoommark@ippf.org