Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 26 Apr 2019
View : 1594
Deadline : 3 / May / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Programme Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G4), (THB 61,967.50 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract,4-months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 03 May 2019
Reference Code : SVN023/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Migrant Assistance and Counter-Trafficking Unit), and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Assistant in Bangkok, the Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the planning, implementation and monitoring of migrant assistance and counter-trafficking activities in Thailand.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Following direction provided by the Programme Coordinator and Senior Programme Assistant, support the implementation of project activities on schedule and within budget.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues from the Migrant Assistance and Counter-Trafficking Unit, providing regular progress updates to the Senior Programme Assistant.
- Support the development of periodic reports on project implementation in a timely fashion and in accordance with donor requirements, by providing inputs where applicable.
- Maintain relationships with Royal Thai Government (RTG) counterparts, project partners, UN agencies, NGOs, community-based organizations and any other key stakeholders.
- Liaise with RTG counterparts, local authorities, NGOs and community-based organizations to ensure smooth implementation of project activities.
- Assist in monitoring RTG policy as it relates to project activities, including policies relating to human trafficking, labour migration and migrants’ rights, and provide updates on important policy development to project staff.
- As requested by supervisor, participate in select meetings with government and civil society counterparts, particularly in relation to counter trafficking and migrant rights.
- In coordination with the Senior Programme Assistant, support in monitoring the work of colleagues in field offices, including Mae Sot and Ranong, to ensure activities are conducted in accordance with project work plans and that field staff are supported when encountering any challenges in implementation.
- As required by supervisor, undertake travel duty within Thailand, in order to monitor and support activities undertaken in the field.
- Support the organization and logistical coordination of events, such as capacity building workshops and meetings.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by direct supervisor.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in law, international relations, political science, social science, or a related field with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- High school diploma with at least four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working for non‐governmental organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions.
- Sound knowledge of programme implementation and evaluation.
- Proven understanding of migration dynamics in Thailand and of vulnerabilities experienced by migrant populations.
- Experience of protection work will be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a multi‐cultural environment and demonstrated capacity to respect diversity.
- Computer literate.
Fluency in English and Thai are required. Knowledge of Burmese or other languages spoken by minority groups from Myanmar, Khmer, Lao is a strong asset.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by May 03, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN023/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 22.04.2019 to 03.05.2019
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org