Organization : United States Peace Corps Cambodia
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 3 May 2019
View : 812
Deadline : 2 / June / 2019
United States Peace Corps Cambodia
Personal Service Contractor (PSC)
OPEN TO: All non-US resident qualified candidates
OPENING DATE: 28 April 2019
CLOSING DATE: 02 June 2019
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor or Nurse Practitioner to serve as a Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Peace Corps (www.peacecorps.gov) is a U.S. government agency that sends volunteers to assist in development. Learn more about Peace Corps Cambodia here: http://cambodia.peacecorps.gov https://www.facebook.com/cambodia.peacecorps
The Medical Officer, in partnership with another PCMO, manages Peace Corps medical office to provide healthcare to all Peace Corps Volunteers in Cambodia. This is a full time (40hours/week) working under the supervision of the Country Director and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
- Provide routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
- Facilitate individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
- Respond to emergency medical situations
- Serves as Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in Cambodia
- Conducts trainings on health related issues
- Participates in site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers
- Supervise a Medical Assistant to manage administrative tasks of the medical office including budget and inventory of medical supplies and equipment
- Alternates 24 hour on-call duty with the other Medical Officer
- Graduate of accredited school. MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link: Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research https://search.wdoms.org/
- Possess a current license to practice
- Three years of relevant clinical experience in primary care after medical school
- Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in oral /written English.
- Must be able to obtain permission to work in Cambodia and a United States visa
- Experience managing administrative functions and working with multiple teams in a professional organization.
- Experience in training design and presentation of health related material
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Proven ability to succeed in a multi-cultural English-speaking organization.
- Proven excellence in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines.
- Willingness and availability to travel on short notice
Compensation and Benefits:
- Negotiable based on salary history and experience
- Competitive benefits offered
- Submit a cover letter in English describing your interest in working with the Peace Corps and how you meet the qualifications.
- Submit a CV in English that demonstrates how you meet the desired qualifications and includes:
- Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
- Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas.
- Professional licenses, certificates, registrations
- An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
- Submit documentation of required degree(s) including:
- Diploma from medical school
- Professional medical license
- Professional certification if Nurse Practitioner
- Send cover letter, CV/Resume, and documentation of degrees to KHemail@example.com with the title “PCMO”
- Or, mail to Peace Corps Office, PO Box 2453, Phnom Penh 3, Cambodia
For questions, please contact Peace Corps/Cambodia at Tel: +855 023 222 901 or KHfirstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that fail to follow application instructions or address the required qualifications or are submitted after 5:00pm on the closing date will not be considered. All documents must be in English. Official translation is not required.
Contact : KHemail@example.com