Organization : American Refugee Committee (ARC)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 7 May 2019
View : 566
Deadline : 17 / May / 2019
POSITION TITLE: Finance Officer
DATE: 27 Jun 2017
HQ DEPARTMENT or COUNTRY PROGRAM: Global Fund RAI2E
GRADE: Professional level 1
RESPONSIBLE TO: Project Manager
STATUS (Full time, Part time, Temporary): Full time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Finance Admin Assistant
The GFATM RAI contributes to the elimination of malaria in Thailand, as well as preventing the emergence or spread of artemisinin resistance in new areas, to make as large as possible contribution to the elimination of Falciparum malaria from the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS), and to prevent the emergence or spread of Artemisinin. This project is supported by the Global Fund to fight HIV/AIDS, TB, and Malaria, via principal recipient UNOPS. Specific project deliverables have been established in ARC’s performance framework. Goal, objectives, and activities are aligned with the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) Regional Artemisinin Initiative (RAI).
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Finance Officer provides overall financial management including quality control of finances.
PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES % OF TIME
1. Financial Functions 50%
- Provides and clear staff cash advances in accordance with ARC and Global Fund/DDC policies and procedures.
- Attaches a detailed advance report at the end of month to the monthly financial report transmitted to Finance Accountant in Bangkok.
- Be responsible for petty cash in compliance with ARC and Global Fund petty cash controls.
- Manages cash flow for daily operations and emergency purposes.
- Makes payments (cash/check) for all field activities, including reimbursements, supplies/ transportation costs and office/staff houses.
- Withdraws money as proxy of the Program Manager as requested.
- Prepares complete set of documentation for check payments--e.g., purchase order, invoice/delivery order, payee name, and terms of payment, securing signature of the Program Manager, verifying that the amounts on receipts expensed match the amounts in current account records and in current account statements received from banks.
- Maintains files of current account bank statements, transmitting original statements to Finance Accountant in Bangkok.
- Completes monthly field finance report--cash count; bank reconciliation; advances; spreadsheet of expenses by account code, cash received, and cash balance; summary calculation of expenses by account code; program employee costs summary; extraordinary expenses summary; expense and cash projection for next month; documentation for any adjustments; related documentation.
- Coordinates with project site bookkeepers related to disbursement of funds as well as to availability of funds for disbursement.
- Coordinates with project site bookkeepers to collect finance documents with complete prescribed supporting documents for collation into her monthly reports
- Prepares the above monthly field finance report for review and signing by the Project Manager and subsequent transmittal of complete report to the Finance Controller Bangkok on agreed schedule
- Prepares written explanations and documentation for all requests for clarification or correction regarding financial reports
- Maintains complete finance records (soft and hard copies).
- Notifies the Program Manager of any problems, concerns, feedback, or conflict of interest regarding financial matters.
2. Payroll 20%
- Assists in preparation of monthly payroll summary; assure accuracy.
- Distributes pay and obtain field staff signatures on payroll slips; compile and transmit payroll slips to Finance Controller -Bangkok.
- Prepares monthly payroll summary for review by Program Manager before transmission to Finance Controller-Bangkok.
- Collects monthly payroll sheets from project site bookkeepers for final signature of Project Manager.
- Maintains payroll records (soft and hard copies).
- Maintains confidentiality of payroll documentation.
3. Accounting Functions 15%
- Assures the accuracy of the monthly field finance report.
- Prepares bank reconciliation; ensure that all banking records are correct and up to date.
- Reviews receipts, purchase orders, purchase requisitions, hospital reimbursements and other documents to ensure accuracy of each transaction and the calculations.
- Maintains accounting records (soft and hard copies).
- Acts at all times in accordance with Thai law and standard professional accounting practices.
- Maintains transparency and accountability in all ARC field financial operations accounts and transactions.
4. Other Functions 15%
- Ensures the security of finance, payroll, and accounting records.
- Substitute for the Project Manager in performing financial management functions during periods of extended absence like home leaves.
- Provide support to the Project Manager and Finance Controller -Bangkok on matters relating to improvement of financial systems and procedures.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparation of expense or budget projections as requested.
- Track, monitor, and document equipment inventory in the field.
- Provides technical advice to provincial site bookkeepers as often as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Project Manager
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED (List the important technical and professional skills and knowledge required to do the job well. Include years of experience required.)
- At least obtaining a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Business Administration or related field
- Knowledgeable of the best practices in accounting and bookkeeping system
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in similar capacity, preferably non-profit organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications including MS Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Thai national
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES (List the key behaviors and abilities that relate to success on the job that are critical to achieving the position’s mission and goals.)
- Has ability to maintain good working relationship with other staffs in the organization
- Respects and recognizes organization policies at all times.
- Transparent, organized and responsible work style
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to take initiative to accomplish program goals and objectives
- Detailed, flexible and ability to multi task
- Ability to function effectively as part of the multi-cultural team
- Good communication and writing skills
- Has dedication and loyalty to his/her organization as he/she is also representing the organization and is promoting the goals and mission of the organization
Contact : RaprakanK@arcrelief.org