Organization : United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 9 May 2019
View : 861
Deadline : 21 / May / 2019
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 14 /2019
Registration / Data Management Assistant
Equivalent to GS-4
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
08 May 2019
Associate Operational Data Management Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
21 May 2019
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Position As soon as possible
Scope of Assignment
Duties and Responsibility
- Register all asylum seekers who approach the Office and enter individual data and biometrics into proGres Database and Biometric Identification Management Systems (BIMS);
- Identify cases with specific needs in need of prioritization (i.e. medical, security, unaccompanied minors and vulnerable women) at the registration stage, ensure translation of documents and refer to staff members for acceleration;
- Responsible for referring asylum seekers/ refugees who are in need of medical, social, legal advice and financial assistance for review/ approval;
- Assist in operating the Document Translation Tracking and Electronic Filing System;
- Assist in RSD Decision Notification for both positive and negative decisions;
- Assist in file management;
- Issue Identification cards for asylum seekers and refugees;
- Assist the Senior Protection Assistant in the coordination and activities at the Reception Centre;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly RSD statistics on issues and developments involving protection for the Protection/RSD Officer with an analysis on how to ensure effective protection/solution;
- Conduct registration updates on a regular basis in refugee camps and coordiate with Royal Thai Governemnt at the district level to ensure consistency of refugee data.
- Prepare letters to/from the Royal Thai Government and act as an interpreter and translator from Thai to English or English to Thai when needed;
- Assist in capacity building of government counterparts as instructed by supervisor.
- To perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Staff member performance will be monitored by the number of registration interviews conducted, biometrics obtained, number of ID Cards Issued and number of decisions notified.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- Bachelor degree in any related field. Conversant with computer software, specifically electronic database programs; advanced data analytical and word processing skills, highly desirable.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience with an international organization, preferable. Prior training and demonstrated experience in record management, preferably file management desirable
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Candidates who are not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
Contact : THABAHR@unhcr.org