Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 13 May 2019
View : 467
Deadline : 26 / May / 2019
REACT Project Officer - Ranong
TEAM/PROGRAMME: REACT / Education Program
CONTRACT LENGTH: June 2019 – January 2020
Save the Children has been supporting education for migrant children in Thailand since 2014 and is positioned as the lead agency promoting migrant children’s right to education in Thailand. The goal of the REACHING EDUCATION FOR ALL CHILDREN IN THAILAND (REACT) Project is to ensure that migrant children in Thailand have access to quality education and communities support children’s learning. The REACT project will take a holistic approach to supporting migrant children’s development. Save the Children will work more strategically with Thai government systems to ensure that the education system is more inclusive of migrant children at local and national levels. To this end, we are currently undertaking consultations in three provinces (Ranong and Tak) with Education Service Areas Offices (ESAOs), CSOs working within education and migrant communities, and children to gather feedback and further refine the project’s design.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: REACT Project Coordinator
Role Dimensions: Managing sub-award partner and communication with stakeholders and partners
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
In line with Save the Children’s dual mandate, these key areas of accountability apply to work in emergencies and in development settings.
Program Coordination and Support:
- Support the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the REACHING EDUCATION FOR ALL CHILDREN IN THAILAND (REACT) Project in accordance with project design and plans
- Coordinate with other REACT implementing partners to ensure the sharing of knowledge, learning and resources related to REACT programming
- Coordinate REACT learning activities, data collection, data management, and data analysis according to guidance and agreements with Senior Education Specialist.
- Ensure effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Support or contribute to the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation. Follow up on queries, including with and by partners, or initiate corrective action on discrepancies;
- Working with other relevant staff, analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment;
- Contribute to or provide recommendation and other project documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency and provide support for consultation with partners as required on planning and implementation of REACT project activities;
- Compile or contribute to REACT project implementation training, orientation and capacity building materials to promote knowledge sharing with donors and partners;
Planning, reporting, monitoring and learning:
- Monitor and evaluate the REACT program activities in line with the internal M&E plan and in coordination with others
- Ensure timely and quality planning and reporting of REACT activities to program manager, senior education specialist, and donor in line with internal requirements.
- Support REACT Coordinator to collect data and write required implementation plans and reports for timely submission to Education Senior Specialist
- To maximize continuous learning, ensure timely and quality documentation of REACT activities, including collection of case studies, documenting of lessons learned, best practices and challenges in accordance with requirements agreed with Senior Education Specialist
- Other duties as assigned and according to the demands of the program
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
- Able to assess and analyse key issues in the humanitarian situation and formulate actions around them
- Actively engages in disaster coordination mechanisms and interagency cooperation
- Leads on the development of an organisational response based on an understanding of the contexts
Achieving results effectively:
- Ensures beneficiary and partner feedback is incorporated into programme design, planning and learning
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt plans and make decisions in rapidly changing environments
- Actively manages risk and takes action to reduce risk
- Makes changes to improve performance as a result of information received
- Documents lessons learned and applies them to future projects
Operating safely and securely:
- Demonstrates an understanding of wider UN/NGO security coordination and how the organisation can benefit from, and contribute to, those mechanisms
- Undertakes effective risk assessments and develops contingency plans
- Takes appropriate, coordinated and consistent action to handle situations of personal risk and risk for others
- Reduces vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organisation
Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
- Remains focused on the objectives and goals in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to identify, and act on, low levels of resilience in others
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education, Economics, Social Sciences, or a field(s) relevant to international development assistance or humanitarian work.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience at national and international level relevant Education programmes
- Fluency in Thai and English required.
- Strong verbal and written Thai and English skills
- Strong interpersonal skills the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Program management skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Experience in capacity building and training
- Reporting and monitoring skills
- Fluency in Burmese or Karen
- Experience in administrative work
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject as “REACT Project Officer-Ranong_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : Hr.email@example.com
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org