Organization : IJM Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 13 May 2019
View : 630
Deadline : 31 / May / 2019
Driver / Admin Assistant, Bangkok
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM started a new field office in Bangkok and in 2018 IJM Foundation was established to provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM Foundation lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM Foundation is seeking a professional and energetic individual to serve as Driver/Admin Assistant to provide safe driving and general administrative support to the IJM Foundation. The driver will be responsible for maintaining IJM vehicles in safe and reliable condition and for securing IJM Foundation staff, clients and partners’ security of IJM Foundation staff on the road. The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and will require extensive driving throughout Bangkok and its nearby provinces. The position reports to the Administrative Manager.
Driving and Vehicle Maintenance
- Transport IJM Foundation staff, clients and partners throughout Bangkok;
- Support and improve IJM Foundation’s transport system and processes;
- Enforce office policies and procedures regarding use of IJM Foundation vehicles;
- Ensure IJM Foundation employees are competent to drive the vehicles with valid driving licenses;
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled, co-ordinate repairs and scheduled service, and ensure that records are kept for all necessary maintenance;
- Perform daily maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s), including checking the oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc., perform minor repairs and arrange for major repairs;
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times;
- Ensure proper use of vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.;
- Assist casework staff in securing rescue and restoration of clients and accountability for forced labor perpetrators;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrative Manager.
- Maintain relationships with external vehicle service providers to ensure that IJM Foundation gets good value for money on all contracted services;
- Maintain relationships with other transport providers such as cab drivers and car hire companies for supplementing transport needs when IJM Foundation vehicles are not sufficient or available;
- Assist in the effective administration of the office, including procuring of office supplies, file organization, delivery and collect of critical communications, etc.;
- Assist the Administrative Manager with inventory/stock counts;
- Perform clerical work related to administrative services such as sorting, filing, photocopying, faxing, posting, and other errands, etc. as required;
Rrquired Skills & Experience
- Valid driver’s license.
- Skilled, professional driving experience.
- Knowledge of Bangkok city streets and Central Thailand roadways.
- Proficient in automotive mechanical repairs
- Ability to service and work on vehicles
- Proficiency in written and spoken Thai required. Proficiency in spoken English preferred.
- Safe and skillful driver.
- Demonstrated road safety awareness.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures.
- Sustained positive attitude.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM Foundation mission.
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org