Organization : IJM Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 13 May 2019
View : 861
Deadline : 31 / May / 2019
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM started a new field office in Bangkok and in 2018 IJM Foundation was established to provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM Foundation lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM Foundation is seeking a Program Manager to support the Foundation Director and Deputy Director in leading the Bangkok FO program. The Program Manager will be responsible for advising and communicating with the office’s leaders and relevant members as they develop, revise, implement and document strategies and plans that ensure achievement of program targets and objectives. The PM will also support the Foundation Director and Deputy Director in compiling necessary program reports and conducting regular program reviews. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand. This position reports to the Foundation Director.
Program Implementation Planning and Review
- Provide regular input to the Foundation Director and Deputy Director on strategic and tactical considerations covering all aspects of program implementation.
- Work directly with program leaders and others they designate to support development and review of appropriate strategies that enable each team and the office as a whole to achieve its target impacts and outcomes on time and on budget.
- Together with the M&E and Program Specialist, assist the Foundation Director, Finance Manager and Bangkok program leaders in developing and reviewing spending plans.
- Facilitate development and review of procedures and processes to increase interdepartmental efficiencies and integration.
- Assist the Foundation Director and Deputy Director in leading quarterly program reviews and other program review meetings as needed from time to time.
- Compile and draft monthly summary reports and more detailed quarterly reports on progress toward targets, obstacles encountered and key developments.
- Participate in external meetings and events as needed, and provide critical analysis and feedback.
- Maintain detailed familiarity with the FO program and its implementation by participating in team meetings as necessary and a variety of internal and external program activities.
- Act as liaison with the HQ Regional team and other Thailand FO teams on program issues, sharing knowledge and lessons learned.
Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the Foundation Director and Deputy Director in designing and reviewing programs in consultation with the Director of M&E, and making changes to current programs in accordance with IJM program change guidelines.
- Work with the Director of M&E to periodically review and update the program’s M&E Plan, Learning and Use Plan, and Theory of Change Pathway.
- Work with IJM Regional Program Managers and Foundation leaders to develop proposals for the funding of Foundation programs.
- Advise IJM Southeast Asia Regional Program Managers and Foundation leaders as they set and/or revise annual and project targets for coming years.
- Work closely with the M&E and Program Specialist to ensure project activities are well documented, including thorough and well-organized filing systems with supporting documents.
- Carry out additional projects as assigned by the Foundation Director.
- Travel from time to time for meetings, cases or conferences.
- Assist in the overall organizational development.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree in Management, Social Work, Social Sciences, or related field preferred.
- At least four years’ experience in an NGO environment preferred, though not mandatory.
- Systems building, systems thinking skills and well-developed conceptual thinking skills.
- Knowledge of standards relating to program design, planning and management preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic team.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills; willingness to initiate actions and ideas, with exceptional follow-through.
- Sustained positive attitude.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM Foundation mission.
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org