Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 4 Jun 2019
View : 83
Deadline : 18 / June / 2019
TITLE: Finance Analyst
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Finance Team
LOCATION: Bangkok Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year
The purpose of this post is to support in the overall responsibility for the finance administration, assist the budget preparation, assist donor and financial reporting for Save the Children Thailand Country Programmes and ensures that a high quality of financial management.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Manager
Staff reporting to this post: 1
Direct: Finance assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Donor and member compliance:
- Checking all member/donor compliance in the report before submission
- Prepare and participant project kick off meeting and other relate meeting
- Assist the Finance Manager in the development of finance policies and procedures to be able to maintain a well-financially controlled environment in both development and emergency contexts
Planning and Budgeting
- Playing key role in country budget plan with including; develop country budget plan schedule and guidance, update finance information into the budget template, review budget phasing and provide feedback, consolidate all financial plan into country budget template and prepare budget narrative.
- Coordinate with budget holders for budget forecast and post the budget loader to Agresso system based on forecast schedule
- Review and submit monthly Budget vs Actual (BVA) budget holder/ Program Manager
- Participate in monthly BVA/programme review meeting and flag in financial risk area and to suggest necessary action accordingly to budget holder
- Coordinate with budget holder for monthly variance analysis
- Provide training and/or create financial tool to budget holders so that they understand key financial concepts
- Prepare donor financial report and submit with all deadlines
- Ensure all reporting plan are agreed with all sections, accurate and share to all sections.
- Manage and track of the reporting submission step by step according to reporting plan and coordinate between sections and to member/donor submission on time.
- Coordinate submission of control reports, respond to findings and recommend resolutions or action plans
- Support the timely submission of financial reports and attachments to members, individual donor timeframes and requirements and government regulatory agencies
- Reviewing monthly effort reporting is prepared reconciling timesheets with charges made in the finance system. Investigate major variances and make appropriate adjustments, report reconciliation to Finance Manager.
- Reviewing shared cost and premise cost before posting, and update it into financial dashboard.
- Coordinate and conduct donor or grant specific audit other audit requirement
- Reviewing audit report to compliance with Agresso report
- Conduct partner financial audit and monitoring visit
- Reviewing partner financial report with Agresso transaction and ensure for partner financial close out
- Responsible for any other duties deemed necessary by the line manager
- Further responsibilities, tasks and competences will be adjusted on based on organisational developments.
- Coordinate with other support services team for any finance related process
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Financial
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in finance management
- The ability to speak, read and write in Thai and English as working languages
- Proficiency in computer use with various software packages
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a Grants, finance and accountant assistant post
- Experience of budget development and management
- Experience of donor reporting and liaison
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with international NGOs
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject as “Finance Analyst_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : Hr.email@example.com
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org