Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 4 Jun 2019
View : 41
Deadline : 25 / June / 2019
TITLE: Finance Assistant
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Finance Team
LOCATION: Bangkok Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year
The purpose of this post is to support in the overall responsibility for assist the budget preparation, assist donor and assist financial reporting for Save the Children’s Thailand Programmes and ensures that a high quality of financial management.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Analyst
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Donor and member compliance:
- Assist in preparation and participate project kick off meeting
Planning and Budgeting
- Preparation of the country annual budget; data consolidation,
- Assist in preparation of budget and forecast templates for distribute to budget holders
- Prepare budget loader for process into Agresso system bases on master budget and forecast planning
- Prepare monthly Budget vs Actual (BVA) and flag out risk areas to Finance Analyst for review
- Participant in monthly budget review meeting and other relate meeting
- Assist in preparing donor reporting
- Assist in checking all member/donor compliance in the report before submission
- Assist in donor or grant specific audit other audit requirement
- Review partner payment from Agresso for compere with partner financial report
- Assist in partner close out to ensure complete project end
- Responsible for any other duties deemed necessary by the line manager
- Further responsibilities, tasks and competences will be adjusted on based on organisational developments.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years relevant experience in accounting and/ or finance management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or financial management or related filed
- Good English in both speaking and writing
- Good knowledge of computerised accounting packages, MS Excel and knowledge of databases
- Familiar with development and human right issues in the country
- Ability to travel within Thailand
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a finance and accountant assistant post
- Familiarity with accounting package
- Experience of bank payment, cash payment
- Experience in preparing for withholding tax forms (PNG.1, 3, 53 and 54)
- Experience of working with international NGOs
- Excellent communication skills
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject as “Finance Assistant_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : email@example.com
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org