Organization : La Chaîne de l’Espoir (CDE)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 7 Jun 2019
View : 857
Deadline : 21 / June / 2019
DEPUTY FIELD COORDINATOR SUPPORT
Location: Nang Rong, Buriram province, Thailand
Description of the organization:
La Chaîne de l’Espoir (CDE) is a French non-profit organization founded in 1994. It’s an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. A key player in healthcare, CDE is committed to providing medical treatment and education to the children who need it the most, their families and communities.
Program in Thailand
CDE has been active in Thailand since 1994 to promote access to quality education for the most vulnerable children by cooperating with a network of 57 primary and secondary schools located in Buriram province. Since 2017, CDE’s mission in Thailand has included in its program strategy the development of a personalized support (educational, health and psycho-social support) to answer to the specific needs of vulnerable children. Socio-educational and school health related activities are also reinforced to contribute to the child development and overall well-being of children and to prevent drop out of schools.
CDE is also partnering and providing financial and technical support to a Thai Foundation named House of Hope which runs a foster home in Nang Rong district, Buriram province.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Contract: full time position, one year renewable with 3 month probationary period
Salary: According to internal salary scale, based on profile and experience.
Position within the Organization: Reports to CDE field-coordinator in Thailand
In close coordination with the Field Coordinator, the Deputy Field Coordinator Support provides leadership to CDE local branch and programming in Thailand with regards support services (administration, logistics, finance and HR). The Deputy Field Coordinator Support works under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and coordinates with the relevant departments at Headquarters level in France.
The Deputy Field Coordinator Support ensures compliance with compliance with national policies and administrative regulations, CDE’s internal procedures and good management standards.
The Deputy Field Coordinator Support seeks to improve the efficiency of finance/HR/logistics processes and tools and to bring technical support to teams. Therefore, The Deputy Field Coordinator Support ensures the capacity building and coaching of local staff in Finance/Logistics/HR and relevant administrative processes.
- Supervise administrative records and guarantee that the status and functioning of the program of CDE in Thailand are in legal accordance with the requirements of Thai regulations and in compliance with international standards
- Maintain up-to-date information and report on developments in NGO law and administration regulations.
- Ensure the reporting of activities to the relevant stakeholders at local and national level
- Ensure a proper filing system for all administrative documentation
- Arrange and support official documentation for staffs / visitors / consultants such as visas, work permits, criminal record checks and other relevant data.
- Ensure the mission’s financial procedures are in line with CDE’s finance policies and established organizational practices
- Ensure that donor rules and regulations are adhered to in finance management
- Ensures that the financial reporting is made in accordance with the national requirements as relevant
- Provide the accounting of the local office and program: complete the cash book on a daily basis and the bankbook as needed, provide the monthly accounting closure, performing monthly cash inventories and bank reconciliation
- In close coordination with the Field Coordinator, prepare the project budget follow-up and forecast, financial proposals, financial reports, and bi-monthly fund request
- In close coordination with the Field Coordinator and under the supervision of CDE headquarters, develop an annual budget plan for CDE local branch and programs in Thailand
- Review and provide support and guidance to budget and financial reports submitted by CDE’s partners benefiting from sub-grants (e.g. House of Hope Foundation)
- Contribute to and prepare for financial audits
- Support the implementation of accounting software as relevant
3) Human Ressources
- Ensure adherence to human resources procedures from all staff in close coordination with the Field Coordinator including in terms of filing
- Together with the Field Coordinator, define the needs in terms of human resources, propose revisions of the organizational chart and salary scale as needed and undertake the recruitment accordingly as per human resources policies and as validated by headquarters
- With headquarters support, develop internal regulations and adjust them as needed
- Ensure the HR processes are in line with local Labor law and internal regulations
- Participate and ensure the quality and transparency of recruitment processes including at contracting phase
- Follow-up on the HR database and support accordingly the management of contracts, leaves, etc.
- Issue salary slips on a monthly basis in accordance with the salary scale and prepare for social security payments
- Ensure a proper filing system for all human resources documentation
- Review and provide support and guidance to human resources management set-up, procedures and filing system at CDE’s partners benefiting from sub-grants (e.g. House of Hope Foundation)
- Prepare a procurement plan on an annual and ad hoc basis in close coordination with the Field Coordination for CDE local branch and programs in Thailand and plan the purchases accordingly
- Purchase the supplies, equipment and items according to the rules and regulations of CDE procedures
- Manage all contracts related to logistics including supply, transport and rental contracts
- Develop and maintain a suppliers’ database
- Develop and maintain an updated file of mission assets, equipment and procurement documents
- Support operational organization of field trips and CDE programs/activities
- Organize and manage the fleet of CDE local branch in Thailand
- Ensure a proper filing system for all logistics and purchase documentation
- Review and provide support and guidance to logistics, purchase and fleet management set-up, procedures and filing system at CDE’s partners benefiting from sub-grants (e.g. House of Hope Foundation)
- Ensure that appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with the team.
- Contribute to update CDE’s security guidelines in Thailand
- Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to the Headquarters.
6) Capacity-building of local partner Foundation:
- In coordination with CDE field-coordinator and the board committee of House of Hope (HoH) Thai Foundation, ensure the capacity building and coaching for HoH staffs in order to reinforce the Finance/Logistics/HR processes and tools of the Foundation
- Assist in terms of communication and translation
- Ensure confidentiality of data and information related to beneficiaries of the program
- Report any security, ethical or acceptance-related issues to his/her line manager
- Participate actively in team meetings or any other relevant internal and external meetings
- Perform any other additional duties upon instruction given by his/her line manager
The Deputy Field Coordinator Support:
- is under the direct supervision of the Field-coordinator in Thailand
- Liaises with CDE HQs program coordinator, management control officer, administrative and finance department and HR department as required
- Build capacities and coach the whole team and partner’s teams in terms of finance/HR/logistics processes
Thai nationals only
Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business administration or equivalent diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in administrative, accounting and financial management
- At least 2 years of work experience in a management position with capacity-building duties
- Experience in grant management and knowledge of relevant donors grant policies and procedures (EU, UN, other…) is recommended
- Working experience within NGO is a major asset
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, accounting software (ideally SAGA)
- Excellent reporting skills, with proven ability in financial report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong capacity building and training skills
- Efficiency and oriented to results
- Sense of team work in multicultural contexts
- Fluency in English written/spoken is compulsory
- French is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for application: Applications will be reviewed and interviews setup on a rolling basis with the posting valid until 21/06/2019. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications without delay. The recruitment will close early if the appropriate candidate is identified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter with at least 3 references and your salary expectations along with you your CV in English to Ms. Lucie DECHIFRE (email@example.com) and Mrs. Laong MANEETERM: (firstname.lastname@example.org).
La Chaîne de l’Espoir encourages diversity in its workforce.
Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Contact : email@example.com
21 Aug 2019