Organization : Right To Play Thailand Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Jun 2019
View : 1244
Deadline : 26 / June / 2019
POSITION: Project Officer (Thai national)
CLOSING DATE: 26th June 2019 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
ORGANISATION: Right To Play Thailand
DEPARTMENT: Asia Programs
WORK LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than 1.9 million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Visit us at www.righttoplay.com .
This is an exciting opportunity to lead an ASEAN pilot project. The Project Officer reports directly to the Program Director (PD) and is responsible for the effective coordination, management and monitoring of the project and reporting on the outcome to internal and external stakeholders as required.
Job Responsibility #1: Project management (45% of time)
- Leads in the development of the project plans feeding.
- Prepares and leads the implementation plan of project activities.
- Guides Field Facilitators on executing the activities.
- Ensures that activities are compliant with RTP methodology and standards.
- Develops and strengthens understanding of our project management cycle with project staff and partners.
- Produces monthly activity reports to PD.
- Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures.
- Completes end of project report and summary presentation for donors and high level stakeholders.
- Conducts post project evaluation and makes recommendations for new project.
- Leads in the planning of budget and tracks activity expenses occurred against cash projections.
- Procures project equipment (in coordination with Logistics Officer/Assistant where applicable), within authorization levels set in the In-Field Authorization Levels policy.
- Coordinates with other NGOs/CBOs to ensure participation in partner events.
- Monitors security situation in project location and reports to the PD.
- Leads on logistical planning for workshops and follow up support visits.
Job Responsibility #2 Team Management (20% of time)
- Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports and provides regular feedback on performance.
- Ensures staff understands and complies with policies of RTP.
- Assesses training needs of all direct reports with input from project staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Oversees training of coaches delivered by Field Facilitators and observes coaches’ performance for certification.
- Follows existing systems to reasonably safeguard the overall health, welfare and security of the project staff.
Job Responsibility #3 Networking, Representation and Partnership building (15% of time)
- Shares activity plans with relevant stakeholders and looks for synergies and opportunities to work together.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with relevant stakeholders, including ASEAN, donors, Ministry of Sport and Tourism and key partners.
- Facilitates collaboration and networking with other organizations, government and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and project activities.
- Coordinates planning meetings with partners and represents RTP in various platforms.
- Facilitates participation of Athlete Supporters in project activities and events.
- Ensures partners are in compliance with RTP Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding policy.
- Identity of potential athletes or sporting institutions to collaborate with.
Job Responsibility #4 Monitoring and reporting (15% of time)
- Visits project locations to oversee activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes
- Works with youth leaders and community stakeholders to develop their understanding of RTP’s monitoring and evaluation system as it relates to reporting on children and youth actively involved in sport and play activities.
- Ensures accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative and quantitative monitoring information according to RTP monitoring tools.
- Submits regularly reports to PD and external stakeholders including Ministries, partners and donors.
- Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to project team, stakeholders and the PD.
Job Responsibility #5 Performs other duties as assigned (5% of time)
MINIMUM QUALITIFCATIONS (Must have)
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, social sciences, sport science, education or any related discipline.
3 years’ experience in project administration or community work including managing direct reports
- Must be Thai citizen
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and delegation skills
- Able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Strong development and team building skills
- Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
- Understand project management cycle
- Effective report writing and analytical skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Knowledge in Sport for Development
- Fluency in oral and written English required
- Fluency in oral and written Thai required
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Knowledge in child and/or adult education
- Previous experience dealing with high level officials
- Appreciation of diversity and culture
Employment Start Date:
Start on 1st July 2019 for one year, with a view to project being extended.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include “Project Officer, S4DPL” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.or.th
Contact : email@example.com