Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 25 Jun 2019
View : 1243
Deadline : 8 / July / 2019
TITLE: Project Assistant – 50 Healthy Schools Project
LOCATION: Saraburi and Nakorn Ratchasima
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed term contract for 1 year
Save the Children in partnership with Cargill Protein has initiated a 50 Healthy Schools Project to nourish and enrich children in communities in Saraburi and Nakorn Ratchasrima Provinces. By partnership with the Cargill CSR department, we will develop a holistic nutrition and physical activity program for children in which it works to deliver significant benefit. We will leverage existing elements of Cargill’s investment in Healthy lifestyles in the 12 schools it supports and include new elements for improving nutritional and related heath knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and practices among students and schools.
Our goal is to transform the 12 schools in to model schools to scale up nutrition and physical activity programming to 38 other schools in the target areas total 50 Schools in Saraburi and Nakorn Ratchasrima provinces.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: 50 Healthy Schools Project Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1.Program Coordination and Delivery
- Support Project Coordinator in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the 50 Healthy Schools Project in accordance with project design and plans as agreed.
- Responsible for implementing and providing technical support for government partners and community networks in accordance with the project implementation plan.
- Support the development of curriculum and training materials, as well as co-facilitating trainings on 50 Healthy Schools Project with targeted School Management Committee, teachers and students.
- Support on 50 Healthy Schools Project learning activities, data collection, data management, and data analysis according to guidance and agreements with Health Specialist.
- Ensure or contribute to the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation.
- Working with other relevant staff, analyse collected data and information and prepare progress reports and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment.
- Compile or contribute to 50 Healthy Schools Project implementation training, orientation and capacity building materials to promote knowledge sharing with donors and school partners.
2. Staff Management
- Support and Conduct quarterly performance review with project team.
- Support capacity building and development of team as needed.
3.Planning, Reporting, Monitoring and Learning
- Support Project Coordinator on monitoring and evaluation of the 50 Healthy Schools Project program activities in line with the internal M&E plan and in coordination with others.
- Support Project Coordinator to ensure timely and quality planning and reporting of 50 Healthy Schools Project activities to program manager, health specialist, and donor in line with internal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned and according to the demands of the program.
4. Collaboration and Representation
- Liaise with other stakeholders, including schools, Parent Teacher Association, and Cargill Protein Employees’ Engagement and participate in relevant meetings as assigned by Project Coordinator.
- Collaborate with other team members across to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
- Represent health programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within SC as appropriate.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Health and Nutrition, Social Sciences or others.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional work experience relevant Health and Nutrition programmes
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in project management, capacity building and training
- Fluency in the local language/s and English is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Experience in health and nutrition highly desirable.
- Experience in delivering effective health and nutrition programs is desirable.
- Experience in the project target provinces is highly desirable.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Topup, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : Nalinee: 02 684 1286-8 ext.608