Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 4 Jul 2019
View : 540
Deadline : 17 / July / 2019
TITLE: Program Director (Re-announcement)
LOCATION: Bangkok with frequent travel to the field
CONTRACT TYPE and LENGTH: National, 2 years renewable contract
Every child survives, every child learns, and violence against children is no longer tolerated. These are the three 2030 breakthroughs that Save the Children is committed to working in partnership to achieve globally.
The Thailand Program Director has the responsibility for the overall design and delivery of Save the Children’s programs in Thailand as a Child Rights agency. She/he is responsible for the strategic direction, program cycle management and ensuring program quality of all Save the Children Interventions, coordination of resource mobilization (partnership, funding), oversight of sectoral technical expertise and ensuring that learning and evidence from programming inform best practices in our work for children.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Thailand National Director
• Direct budget responsibility for program activity elements of current portfolio (approx. USD 6m/year)
• Staff management responsibility for 6 direct reports, and 30+ indirect staff
• External representation responsibilities (with government, donors, program partners and communities)
• Joint responsibility for overall management of Save the Children in Thailand as a member of senior management team
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Leadership and management:
• Drive a Child Rights mandate internally and externally that positions Save the Children as the go-to organization on Child Rights in Thailand
• As a member of the Country Management Team, provide leadership and support effective management including risk management.
• As the leader of the Program team, provide agile and effective leadership which attracts, develops, and retains talented staff to Save the Children; and through excellent leadership and management obtains the highest levels of commitment and performance of all program staff.
• Promote an organisational culture of program cycle management, learning and continuous improvement within the Thailand program.
Program design & development:
• Contribute to the strategic vision and direction of the Save the Children program in Thailand; Optimize alignment of the Thailand program with a Child Rights programming approach and maintain focus on program impact for children and young people.
• Contribute to proposals and review to ensure overall coherence, feasibility and adequate resourcing
• Oversee development of quality project documentation (detailed implementation plans, phased budgets, MEAL plans (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning plans), Awards Risk Assessment) etc.
• Establish and nurture constructive strategic partnerships with relevant government, donor, civil society, academic and private sector stakeholders through effective liaison and collaboration.
• Identify, assess, and build capacity of the partners involved in the delivery of Save the Children programs with a view to increasing reach, sustainability and local ownership, and to ensuring consistent quality and cost effective implementation.
Program management & technical excellence:
• Be responsible for effective delivery and quality assurance of all program activities and outputs in Thailand, including monitoring of results and impact;
• As primary program budget holder, oversee delegated management of award-funded project budgets, including multi-sector and multi-location awards. Regularly review financial projections against actuals, identify deviations and remediation measures, and ensure sub-budget holders and field offices adhere to financial management systems, processes and controls.
• Set and maintain quality standards in strong program/project cycle management by ensuring well planned, implemented and monitored projects, in line with budget, work plan and MEAL plans.
• Ensure that program staff are well-oriented on program and project goals, objectives, expected results and internal policies and standards and donor requirements.
• Ensure coordination and synergy between thematic sectors, and between thematic and non-thematic teams to ensure learning and efficient use of resources.
• As humanitarian focal point, ensure humanitarian preparedness of the Thailand country team and ability to respond effectively to emergencies.
Awards (Grants) Management
• Provide leadership and oversight of the award management team, to ensure that end-to-end business development and award management effectively plans, secures and manages resources for the Thailand program.
• Ensure that the award management team effectively supports program delivery and quality in compliance with donor and internal standards, systems and policies; including providing high quality reports to donors.
• Ensure goods and services procured are cost effective and quality through consistent implementation of relevant procurement processes.
• Ensure that the supply chain function effectively supports program delivery in compliance with donor and internal standards, systems and policies.
• Ensure appropriate emergency Supply Chain preparedness arrangements enable rapid scale up.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 7+ years progressively senior experience of program management, preferably including experience in more than one of the Save the Children’s priority sectors: education, protection, child rights, health & nutrition, and/or emergency management.
• Demonstrated knowledge, expertise and or commitment to Child Rights.
• Demonstrated ability to make a collaborative contribution to a senior leadership team.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills and ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
• Strong conceptual thinking and ability to lead strategic program design processes.
• Experience in securing and managing grants from major institutional donors (eg EU, UNICEF, USAID).
• Ability to represent Save the Children and create excellent working relationships with external stakeholders (government, donors, partners, and communities).
• Good understanding of effective Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL).
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims and values.
• Flexibility and adaptability, especially in emergency situations.
• Degree in international development or other social sciences, masters level preferred.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai.
• Recognized program/project management qualification (eg PMP, PRINCE2, PMDPro/PgMDPro)
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with Save the Children International Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as “Program Director_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
20 Jul 2019
20 Jul 2019