Organization : Teach For Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 5 Jul 2019
View : 336
Deadline : 5 / August / 2019
Teach For Thailand is an independent non-profit organization with a mission to address educational inequity in Thailand by enlisting our nation’s future leaders to teach in high-need schools. We believe in the value of giving back, inspiring others, and using our knowledge to make a real impact to better the lives of the future generations. At Teach For Thailand, we want to create an equitable education system by placing great teachers who are committed to improving educational attainment, raising aspirations and expanding educational opportunity for all children in high-need schools. Over time, we would like our alumni to leverage the insights they gained in the classrooms to become lifelong leaders working in education and across all sectors to ensure excellent education for all .
Teach For Thailand is a partner in the Teach For All ( www.teachforall.org ) network, which is made up of 46 social enterprises across the world seeking to end educational inequity in their respective countries.
The Role: Head of Training & Support
The Team: Training & Support
Training & Support Team leads the efforts to train and empower participants (“fellows”) who are teaching in classrooms to transform the lives of thousands of students in the Greater Bangkok area. Teach For Thailand’s Training & Support Team has trained over 200+ fellows and in 2021 we will train 100+ fellows. The team designs and executes training and professional development programs for fellows during Summer Institute and throughout their two-year placement in schools. The team also builds the capacity of Teach For Thailand staff and partners with government, university, and local schools to support and develop our fellows. Through the team’s work, our fellows will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and mindset to lead the students they teach to greater achievement and to develop into future leaders themselves.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Head of Training & Support is a one-of-a-kind position that provides an unparalleled opportunity for the right individual to play an important role in developing Thailand’s future leaders. Teach For Thailand is looking for a highly experienced individual who has a passion for building a young and dynamic team that will train and support our fellows to become exceptional leaders in the classroom and beyond. The individual must be a strategic thinker, an outstanding relationship builder, and a skilled manager who can lead a team to achieve ambitious results in an entrepreneurial environment. The Head of Training & Support will have the opportunity to shape team and fellow cultures, design and execute fellow training programs, and innovate in the areas of teacher coaching/mentoring and leadership development. The Head of Training & Support is also a member of Teach For Thailand’s Senior Leadership Team and will have the opportunity to help steer the overall direction of the organization.
Training & Support
- Set transformational vision of impact for students, fellows and alumni and develop corresponding definitions, goals and metrics to measure impact
- Refine and update existing Training & Support framework to align to vision and goals for impact
- Execute fellow training and professional development programs to the highest quality in order to achieve transformational impact
- Engage internal and external stakeholders (staff, fellows, students, parents, school and government leaders, organizational supporters, etc.) to foster broad alignment with and conviction in vision and goals for student, fellow and alumni impact
- Manage high stakes relationships to design and deliver a training program that will facilitate an alternative route to teacher certification
- Build lasting partnerships with key leaders and organizations in the education community to gain support and resources for fellow training and development efforts
- Manage a team of ~5 high-performing team members to be successful and engaged in a student-first environment; recruit Leadership Development Officers and develop the team in response to the scale of the fellowship program
- Build a strong team culture to ensure that the Training & Support team is a great and sustainable place for every team member to work
- Coach and develop team members on core teacher training and management skills and cultivate them as future leaders of the Training & Support team
- Formalize performance management within the team, including promotion criteria; standardize the work across the team to ensure consistency and efficiency
Senior Leadership Team Member
- Provide leadership for the organization and represent the vision, mission, and core values of the organization both internally and externally
- Engage the entire organization in coming up with a long-term vision and strategy for the organization
- Develop and oversee organization-wide strategic and operational plan; monitor organizational performance across the board
- Work on key strategic initiatives and issues to optimize the operations of the organization as well as maximize impact
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of team leadership experience, with proven track record in coaching and developing team members toward achieving ambitious and measurable outcomes
- Fluency in Thai and very good command of English
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- A deep commitment to education equity - a belief that all children can succeed regardless of their background
- Deep knowledge of and experience in leadership development and/or adult learning theory and practice
- Visionary leadership skills, with the personal drive and energy to inspire and motivate colleagues and peers
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity in an organization transitioning out of its startup phase, including willingness to operate outside of one’s formal role to ensure the success of the broader organization
- A learning orientation - commitment to development and openness to feedback
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - ability to establish and manage authentic working relationships with people of all working styles to get things done
- Excellent vision-setting, strategic thinking and project management ability
- Ability to operate with urgency and sense of possibility in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplify Teach For Thailand’s core values: Lead by Example, Students First, Constant Learning, Sense of Possibility, Relationships Matter, and Open and Honest.
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com
with the subject line of the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org