Organization : WWF-Thailand
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 11 Jul 2019
View : 692
Deadline : 31 / July / 2019
Background and Purposes:
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) aims to conserve nature and ecological processes by preserving biodiversity, ensuring sustainable use of natural resources and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful use of resources and energy. WWF works in more than 100 countries around the world. WWF has been working in Thailand since 1983 and WWF Thailand was founded in 1995. WWF Thailand implements a strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network to focus on six major goals - freshwater, wildlife, oceans, climate & energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance, and governance. In support of this strategy, WWF Thailand works with government, business, civil society, and individuals to achieve our global goals for the benefit of the people of Thailand and the world. The GIS Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the technical foundations and competencies for spatial data acquisition and management, particularly with regards to forest cover and changes in forest cover over time
Major Role Responsibilities
- Lead for all GIS and spatial analysis issues related to all relevant practice program (Wildlife, Forest, Ocean, and Freshwater) including Eyes on the Forest project and DTL Project in WWF Thailand.
- The GIS manager will be responsible for designing, technically leading, and monitoring spatial analysis elements of the WWF Thailand’s Conservation Programme work plan.
- The GIS manager will contribute to the timely completion of planned projects with spatial analysis components ensuring coordination and communication with relevant contract points.
- Coordinate the establishment of a spatial optimization platform as useful to WWF Thailand Conservation Program planning and knowledge dissemination
- Support the establishment of a WWF Thailand Conservation Intelligence Unit (CIU) with a view to building a database of key information required for achieving conservation goals
- Provide technical expertise to develop and implement programs and projects at the country level, including supervision of field-activities with local CSOs.
- Develop standard map templates for all geographic areas where WWF works in Thailand and the wider DTL, to facilitate more rapid delivery of commonly used maps and datasets covering standard geographic extents.
- Oversee the development of a WWF-Thailand spatial data repository and work to formalize agreements and information-sharing arrangements with other partners as appropriate.
- Contribute to field level ground-truthing, stakeholder consultations and spatial analysis components of field activities as required.
- Share results of WWF Thailand’s spatial analysis related work with the national and international public in the form of seminars and presentations as appropriate
- Master’s degree in spatial planning or related fields, with proven expertise in the use of GIS, other spatial planning tools, forestry, and land-use planning or in relevant fields.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent in Report writing
- Strategic thinking and the ability to deliver constructive feedback
- Works well within a team and supportive of non-technical staff
- Native in Thai and Fluent in English
How to apply
Interested candidate, please submit your resume and motivation letter stating your expected salary to email@example.com by July 31st, 2019 Tel: +66 (0) 2 618 4303-5
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Otherwise, your resume will be filed into our candidate database for future reference and consideration
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org or +6681-255-7863