Organization : The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 25 Jul 2019
View : 772
Deadline : 23 / August / 2019
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Medical Data and Reporting Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (G5), (THB 74,905.75 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Contract, 6 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 August 2019
Reference Code : SVN036/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, Thailand and with the overall guidance from the Regional Health Assessment Programme (HAP) Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for management of data collection, transmission, analysis and storage to support Migration Health Unit activities. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support MiMOSA, eMedical, IMS, UKTB, Telerad functionality in coordination with the Migration Health Informatics (MHI) Unit in Manila and mission’s IT, detect problem patterns and recommend solutions and perform other related tasks including user management, maintaining look up tables, back-up of the database and other tasks.
- Study MiMOSA/eMedical and other HAP applications documentation, user guide, release notes and other materials; prepare training materials and educate medical users in supported missions.
- Provide support to HAP applications users in the missions, collect end-users requirements, feedback and communicate it to MHI team.
- Keep updated the documentation related to HAP Applications settings.
- Export from, import to and communicate data from IOM HAP applications and communicate with resettlement countries counterparts and supported missions.
- Develop and maintain medical data exchange processes between IOM Thailand and other supported locations in the Region.
- Maintain, provide support and training in relation to Telerad activities.
- Design and generate periodic and ad-hoc reports from MiMOSA Web front-end and back-end, perform reconciliation of data with OPS, RPC and other partners/systems.
- Perform validation of vaccination data, medical examination data and invoices, from supported locations.
- Generate, monitor and analyse reports from HAPSTAT Power BI and other HAP data reporting applications.
- Produce QC reports and share with relevant missions with appropriate guidance.
- Suggest and develop reporting and QC activities for monitoring HAP in Thailand and in the Region.
- Oversee and support medical reporting activities from supported missions.
- Communicate and provide guidance and training to new/junior staff, non-IOM Panel physicians and administrative staff.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Management, Information Technology, Computer Science.
- At least 5 years work experience with database management and reporting.
- Work experience with MiMOSA, eMedical, UKTB and other HAP applications.
- Work experience with digital radiology and teleradiology services.
- Good knowledge and experience in management IMS.
- Experience and knowledge of MS SharePoint and other MS Office applications.
- Knowledge in SQL development, database integration with web-based applications.
- Experience and understanding of the public health industry.
- Demonstrated skills in systems analysis and design techniques, testing and documentation.
Fluency in English and Thai are required.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail email@example.com by August 08, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN036/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 25.07.2019 to 08.08.2019
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org