Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 30 Jul 2019
View : 718
Deadline : 21 / August / 2019
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager - HR and Administration
TEAM/PROGRAMME: HR & Administration
LOCATION: Thailand Country Office, Bangkok
Type of Contract: Fixed Term one year with possible extension upon funding available
The Senior Manager HR and Administration provides strategic and operational oversight to human resources management, retention and development including overseeing administrative functions of the country office. S/he ensures that talents are attracted, recruited, retained and developed for the country office to attain country strategic plans. This post also ensures legal compliance of the organisation in an evolving environment, fosters and maintain a positive and productive work environment for Save the Children Thailand country office. As part of the Country Management Team, s/he provides guidance to all CMT (Country Management Team) members on human resources strategy and contributes to achieving overall country strategic plans.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: National Director, Thailand Country Office. Dotted-line to MST (Myanmar-Sri Lanka-Thailand) HR Director
Staff reporting to this post: HR Coordinator, Admin Coordinator, HR & Admin Assistant
Role Dimensions: The position leads the HR & Administration functions for Thailand, and will be networking with external INGOs and legal counsels to make sure Thailand country office is at the top of current best practices and compliant both with Save the Children and in country like minded organizations. The position will also seek strategic and technical guidance from MST HR Director.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Leadership and management
- As a member of the Country Management Team, take collective responsibility for all aspects of the strategy, operations and management of SCI (Save the Children International) Thailand programs and support.
- As the leader of the HR & Admin team, provide agile and effective leadership which attracts, develops, and retains talented staff to Save the Children; and through excellent leadership and management obtains the highest levels of commitment and performance of all program staff.
- Maintaining a staffing structure that fits for current and future purpose. Provide expert guidance and leadership on change management, when the portfolio and operating model require revisions to the staffing structure.
- Review HR policies and procedures regularly to meet SCI requirements and local labour laws.
- Develop and implement HR annual action plans and ensures all HR KPIs meet SCI standards.
- Ensure the country office promotes and holds a culture of pride and performance.
Recruitment and onboarding
- Ensure all job descriptions are updated for efficient recruitment and performance management.
- Plan and manage recruitment and induction of national staff for Save the Children operations in Thailand ensuring SCI safe recruitment criteria and donor and local compliance.
HRIS, compensation and benefits
- Manage HRIS/ORACLE and ensure employee data are updated regularly.
- Ensure all employees possess the competency to operate HRIS.
- Provide regular analytical reports to management for risk analysis and management decisions.
- Ensure compensation and benefits policies and practices are according to SCI rewards policies and procedures.
- Work closely with finance team on payroll and taxation matters.
Performance management & talent development
- Ensure CMT, line manager and all employees understands DtP (Develop to Perform) objectives and are capable to use the system. Ensure SCI DtP policies and procedures are established and maintained in the country office.
- Build a culture of learning and development in the country office including developing and implementing an annual L&D plan for employees.
- Identify talents for critical positions and successors and implement development plans for key talents ensuring internal growth.
Safeguarding and employee relations
- Ensure all employees are inducted on child safeguarding and employee safeguarding policies, reporting and case management protocols.
- Develop annual action plan on Child Safeguarding and implement in cooperation with Program Director. Manage all reported cases on safeguarding on time.
- Manage the overall Employee Relations for the organization. Ensure staff are well aware of grievance reporting and disciplinary management procedures. Provide induction and refreshers periodically.
- Advise National Director on appropriate actions for prevention and response to any legal issue arising out of Save the Children’s work or employment, and coordinate actions with legal counsel.
Organisational development and legal compliance
- Lead on Save the Children’s government relations and compliance with respect to registration issues, including reporting to government ministries in line with Thai laws and regulations.
- Procure, assess and implement legal advice as required towards Save the Children’s registration as a national foundation, in compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Guide management on legal compliance issues and keeps management updated on latest changes in law which may affect organisational policies and procedures.
- Supervise administrative function to ensure the smooth work permit and visa process for expatriate staff and liaison with Government Departments.
- Oversee the overall maintenance of office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized.
- Ensure adequate insurance cover and keep up to date with suitability and types of cover available
- Oversee logistical support to guests, visitors including partner organisations involved in SC (Save the Children) activities
Safety and Security
- As the SSFP (Safety & Security Focal Point), ensure that the country office and field offices has one SSMP (Safety and Security Management Plan) and the plan is implemented. Report critical incidents and support National Director and CMT to manage critical incidents.
- Assess threat, risk, vulnerability and make recommendations to National Director both from program and staff perspectives.
- Ensure staff orientation/ training/orientation regarding safety and security roles. Develop · Develop security briefing materials for new staff and visitors. Provide security orientation/briefing for newly appointed SC staff and CO (Country Office) visitors.
- Ensure modes of transport used by staff are safe; including owned and rental vehicles meeting minimum safety standards and airlines with good aviation records are used.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- At least 7 years practical experience in a Human Resources position within a large organisation
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute a part of a senior management team.
- Demonstrated team leadership capacity, including strong analysis, good judgement and decision-making.
- Experience in Human Resource Management and talent development with solid technical understanding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English and Thai; and ability to establish strong working relationships with external stakeholders, including government agencies.
- Knowledge of Thailand employment laws and models of good employment practice, and good understanding of the issues that affect employee relations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with HR and management colleagues at a global, regional and national level.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and respect local and international religions and culture.
- Demonstrated understanding of safety and security issues, especially related to Thailand context.
Equal Opportunities: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures. Health and Safety: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top Up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : HR: 02 684 1286-8 ext. 608