Organization : Save the Children
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 30 Jul 2019
View : 727
Deadline : 31 / August / 2019
TITLE: Proposal and Reporting Specialist
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Business Development – Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand (MST cluster)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 years (Thai national only)
The Proposal and Reporting Specialist manages the development of proposals and concept notes for Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand (MST cluster) working closely with the Head of Business Development. The role will develop proposals and concept notes along with country programme teams using an integrated and cross-sectoral approach. This role will also make sure that timely delivery and quality reports are provided to Save the Children Members and donors for a selected number of high risk awards.
The post-holder is expected to work closely with programme teams as well as Strategy, Evidence and Impact (SEI) and Awards Management Teams to ensure that proposals, reports, and projects are developed and implemented in compliance with Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and donor requirements. The role is expected to coach and/or capacity build existing country programme staff on both proposal development and report writing.
The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package and reframe SC program strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow the Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand (MST cluster) portfolio effectively.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Role Dimensions: Interpersonal contact regular and varied, involves negotiation and representation at coordination level
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Support development of high quality proposals:
- Manage and oversee the development of proposal components, including log frame, theory of change and work plan, in collaboration with Technical Leads
- Draft generic sections of proposals and shape technical narratives for coherence and completion
- Consult relevant programme staff on specific programme interventions and proactively advise for development of new initiatives
- Coordinate with technical and operation teams (finance, HR, logistics, field teams) on specific information needed for proposals
- Ensure that all proposal components, including narrative, monitoring and evaluation plan, and work plan, are well-aligned and comprehensive
- Review budgets for alignment, cost-effectiveness and value for money and ensure support costs are adequate
- Ensure that gender equality markers, child safeguarding checks; Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning (MEAL) frameworks and other key cross cutting program elements have been taken into account for all proposals.
- Finalize and package proposals on time according to donor specifications and deadlines and Save the Children quality standards.
- Coach/ build capacity existing programme staff on proposal development.
- Carry out field visits, meetings and workshops necessary to develop and finalize proposals.
Ensure effective coordination of proposals with other departments, donors and members
- Conduct proposal kick-off meetings with key proposal team members and develop proposal development plans and follow up with proposal team members
- Support Awards with drafting of internal compliance tools
- Liaise with members during proposal development on the member role in project delivery, and, where possible, early feedback on programme design
- Liaise with partners for proposal inputs
- Liaise with in-country donors on proposal design, where appropriate
- Together with Awards, ensure all proposal and concept note submissions to donors are reviewed and approved by the relevant people and respond to their feedback Update information on relevant tracking tools for business development
Develop donor standard communication materials
- Lead in developing program and donor briefs; propositional concept notes and essential donor fact sheets.
- Develop standard capacity statements based on the strategic goals of Myanmar, Thailand and Sri Lanka;
- Develop standard SCI information that is usually required for concept notes and proposals (i.e. write up about Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand (MST), SCI, organizational capacity etc
Support on report writing for selected awards (maximum 20% of time)
- Provide skilled editorial assistance: edit and proofread reports for selected high-risk awards, including making editorial recommendations.
- Finalize reports on time according to donor specifications and language and deadlines and Save the Children quality standards.
- Mentor and/capacity build existing programme staff on reporting
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor degree on relevant subject or equivalent field experience, desirable Master degree is a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years’ substantial experience working with a humanitarian/ development organisation
- Experience in leading development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of narrative proposal and project budgets greater than $1 million.
- Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
- Coordination skills, including experience of coordinating a team of people to deliver results within a restricted timeframe
- Excellent English language skills and ability to communicate effectively using donor language and technical development language
- Good understanding of donor compliance and Save the Children reporting mechanisms and requirements
- Strong representational skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to Save the Children International values
- Proven capacity to deliver training and coach staff
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as “Proposal and Reporting Specialist_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org