Organization : VSO International
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 2 Aug 2019
View : 1347
Deadline : 14 / August / 2019
Project coordinator - Thailand Programme (Fixed term contract, 3 years)
Contract type: Fixed term contract, 3 years
Salary & Benefits in Thailand: Annual Gross Salary THB 682,000, with medical benefits, 37 days leave including public holidays
Application closing date: 14th August, 2019
Introduction to VSO
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
It’s an exciting time to join VSO!
This is a fixed-term contract, 3 years.
To provide effective project coordination support for the planning and implementation of the project including working with partner organizations and other key stakeholders to support the quality programme delivery of VSO in Thailand in alignment with VSO’s Volunteering for Development framework.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience of project coordination and with basic knowledge and skills of project management in the development sector.
• Experience of working with young and marginalized people with an understanding of youth development, youth participation and engagement in the context of a rural community in Thailand.
• Understanding and valuing the role of volunteering in development.
• Experience of partnership coordination with an ability to engage with various stakeholders, conduct partner risk assessment, effectively coordinate on project implementation, build and maintain relationship and provide capacity development supports for implementing partner organizations.
• Good understanding and experience in project monitoring, learning, reporting and evaluations.
• Basic understanding of budgeting, grant management and donor requirements.
• Experience of budget monitoring and reporting in compliance with VSO policies and standards in coordination with partner organizations and finance team.
• Demonstrated an ability to engage a team of international and national volunteers to leverage their volunteer contributions and impacts.
• Demonstrated an understanding of volunteer experience management from volunteer role planning, tri-parties agreement, recruitment, and selection, placement engagement, coaching, mentoring and learning experience support, exit and resettlement.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member with regional colleagues and across VSO globally.
• Demonstrated understanding of duty of care; safety, security, health, wellbeing and safeguarding and experience in following the policies and guidelines for reporting and coordination on incident management.
• Knowledge of the international development sector
• Commitment to VSO’s work and values
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open-minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities, inclusion, gender, diversity and safeguarding clause, and values a diverse workforce.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you're interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we're looking for at https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/project-coordinator-thailand-programme-fixed-term-contract-3-years-a0m3z00000cnveaaax To submit your application, click on “Make an application” and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Before you apply, please download and read the job description for full details of the roles and person specification and application guidelines available on our website.
VSO is committed to a policy of equal opportunities, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
Interview/Assessment date(s): TBC
Start date: ASAP
Nonprofit Organization Management
23 Aug 2019
23 Aug 2019
23 Aug 2019
21 Aug 2019