Chief of Party, Southeast Asia
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the two-year USAID-funded, Sustainable Fish Asia (SUFIA) Local Capacity Development program. The goal of this program is to improve the management of marine biodiversity and fisheries resources in the Indo-Pacific region by reducing unsustainable fishing and illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing. This position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand. The program will have two primary areas of activity: (1) conduct organizational capacity assessments and deliver capacity development services to two regional fishery support organizations; and (2) conduct private sector engagement assessment for the fishing industry in Asia.
The COP will be responsible for the overall planning and management of both primary areas of activity and will manage two full-time staff, administrative support, and technical consultants. This will be a senior level position, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments. Thai nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure coordination with USAID and other partner institutions and will represent the activity through written or verbal presentations, as required.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key institutions in Thailand, Indonesia, and elsewhere throughout Asia – including international donors, private sector actors, NGOs, and research bodies critical to the success of the program.
- Lead program communications including identifying audiences and messages, and overseeing related activities, products and events.
- Understanding and past work experience in the two primary areas of organizational capacity development and private sector engagement.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of all program deliverables. The COP will be responsible for ensuring strong integration among the two program primary areas of activity.
- Represent and be responsible for ensuring effective coordination of activities with those of relevant ASEAN and host countries’ ministries and agencies, civil society and business organizations, international donor institutions and other USAID and USG funded initiatives.
- Responsible for the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) efforts under this program. This includes developing initial and annual program work and performance plans, quarterly reports, and other required USAID MEL documents.
- Coordinates and provides quality control in developing all required USAID programming documents such as the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI), and Gender and Inclusive Development Action Plan (GIDAP), and any other cross-cutting issues that may emerge
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant program management work experience, including a knowledge of the fishing sector in Asia.
- An advanced degree in Businesses, Organizational Behavior, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Prior experience with USAID projects and an understanding of USAID procedures, policies, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Experience leading activities of similar scope and complexity the SUFIA program, including ability to manage people remotely, strong writing and communication skills, and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Must have English language reading and writing fluency; Thai language is preferable.
To apply, please upload your resume to RTI Careers. RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager