JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
LOCATION: Pattani Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed Term 1 year contract with possibility to extend
The Finance Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day and monthly accounting and in the administration of the Finance Function. The position will process that accounting practice is performed in compliance with SCI policies and procedures and donor regulations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Finance Office, Pattani Field Office
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Bank and Cash Management:
- Update petty cash and bank payment tracking for monitor bank balance of SCI Field Office
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Filling all cash and bank document (Reconciliation, Bank Statement, Cash Count, etc.) are filed.
- Assist for review requisition/cash vouchers (against budget, coding, authority, policy, supporting docs, accuracy) and process payment
- Handle designated payments through cash payment vouchers with due approval of the authorized signatories
- Checking an outstanding program advance before releasing a new program advance and reconciling on a monthly basis
- Preparing sub-office cash request and ensure cash management for daily activities according to SCI policy
- Coordinated with budget holders to consolidate information on their activities plan for the month
- Prepare weekly cash count are conducted
- In charge of day to day cash/safe management
- Prepare document for changing bank signatories
- Inform staff partner and supplier when the payment is made
- Data entry financial recording transactions into Agresso system
- Prepare the monthly withholding tax forms (PNG. 1, 3, 53 and 54) and submit to line manager for review process
- Assist for prepare documents and manage for audit in the field office as requested.
- Further responsibilities, tasks and competences will be adjusted on based on organisational developments
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field
- New graduate or 1-year experience in a finance function
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good knowledge in Microsoft office, outlook, word, excel and power point
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to speak, read and write in Thai and English as working languages
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top Up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
HR; 02 684 1286-8 Ext.608
การเงิน / Financierเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant