Communications and Campaigns Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: ACCM (Advocacy, Communications, Campaigns and Media)
LOCATION: Bangkok (with some travel)
POST TYPE: Fixed Term
The role of the Communications and Campaign Officer is to support the development, coordination and the implementation of Save the Children strategic communications and campaigns plans in Thailand. This role assists the ACCM team in supporting and enhancing campaigns, advocacy and programming outcomes across all thematic areas.
The post holder will support the production and development of communications materials that are necessary for communication with publics, donors, stakeholders, government, beneficiaries and Save the Children staff members, including written, multimedia and digital assets in both Thai and English language. S/he will be mainly responsible for managing Save the Children online presence, ensuring that our digital and social media platforms are active and engaging, regularly monitored and updated. That our online ‘touch-points’ accurately and strategically communicates our vision, branding and country ACC goals. This includes OneNet, the official Save the Children website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, among others.
The Communications and Media Officer will be responsible for the implementation of digital campaigns while assisting with key offline campaigning plans. In addition, s/he will facilitate in the organisation of events, emergency responses, and selected regional/global Save the Children movements as required by his/her line manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: ACCM Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Role Dimensions: Support Thailand’s ACCM team in the delivery of communications and campaigns plans. Oversee Save the Children’s Thailand digital and social media identity and presence. Regular contact with the Global, Regional and MST Digital Campaigns and Communications team.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Digital and Social Media
- Support in the development of strategic, insight-driven digital and social media strategy and plan, ensuring its contributions to the Country Strategic Plan 2019-2021 and advocacy, campaigns and communications (ACC) goals.
- Oversee online presence management, this includes:
- Maintain a web presence and brand recognition through the combined use of social tools (OneNet, website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube).
- Regular monitoring of our digital and social media discussions, respond to inquiries and requests, track progress and share insights.
- Proactively develop and curate digital and social media content to consistently engage with target audiences and followers on our platforms.
- Support in the development of multimedia materials, including photos, videos, infographics, videos and animation, etc.
- Liaised with the MST Digital Campaigns team as Digital and Social Media focal point for Thailand office.
- Assist in the strategic development of country campaigns plans.
- Support the implementation of Save the Children’s campaigns plans including, the global campaign “Every Last Child” and national campaigns such as “Eat, Play, Love, Read” and the drowning prevention campaign.
- Contribute to the ACCM team in Reactive Campaigning opportunities.
- Provide technical and implementation support for campaigns within programming, as required.
Communications, Visibility and Media Engagement Support
- Proactively seek out communications opportunities to showcase Save the Children programme successes, both internally and externally.
- Support in the production of high-quality communications outputs that highlight Save the Children’s work in Thailand, including case studies, feature stories, and blogs.
- Assist in the production of visually appealing and brand-aligned external marketing materials for all sectors and programmes upon request. These materials may include: flyers and brochures, briefs, backdrops and banners.
- Ensure good external representation of Save the Children through all ‘touch-points’ with our brand, including marketing materials, social media and Save the Children’s website.
- Oversee regular media monitoring of the local media on what is being reported on key issues related to children and Save the Children’s work.
- Facilitate in national and international media engagement, including digital and social media packs, FAQs, and talking points (in both Thai and English language) for spokespeople across all programmes in Save the Children, as required.
Humanitarian and Emergency Responses
- With the Emergency Response team, support the communications team in emergency situations. Producing high-quality digital and social media campaigns to communicate the situation for children on the ground. Assist in media engagement during emergencies.
- Deploy in the event of an emergency if necessary to gather necessary content.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Thai nationality
- University Degree in communications, arts, fine arts, or any related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years’ experience in advertising, communications, media management, and event management, marketing, public relations, or any related field.
- Experience of leading or implementing strategic communications campaigns.
- Experience of working in related human development issues especially one or more of Save the Children’s sectors (i.e. child poverty, child protection, child rights governance, education, health and nutrition, child safety) an advantage.
- Proficiency in computer use with various software packages; and confident in digital technology, particularly with engaging with people online.
- Ability to travel in remote and/or disaster-affected areas as assigned.
- Good at using different types of communication tools to tell stories.
Communication and Technical Skills
- Excellent English and Thai communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak confidently in front of the media
- Ability to develop the key messages for the Country Director, Managers, Coordinators and the key stakeholders to speak to the media
- Good eye for page layouts and design
- Good understanding of social media engagement
- Experience working in activities design
- Experience or familiarity with road safety initiatives and networks
- Experience working in education and child protection programmes
- Experience working with authorities, schools, polices, communities and press
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
HR; 02 684 1286-8 Ext.608
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerกราฟิก / Computer Graphicผู้ช่วย / Assistant