Teach For Thailand is an independent charity with a mission to address educational inequality in Thailand by enlisting our nation’s future leaders to teach in high-need schools. We believe in the value of giving back, inspiring others, and using our knowledge to make a real impact to better the lives of the future generations. At Teach For Thailand we plan to create an equitable education system with placement of great teachers in high need schools, who are committed to improve educational attainment, raise aspiration and expand educational opportunity for all children. Overtime, with insights gained in the classrooms we are committed to drive the impact of our network of alumni to become lifelong leaders in education and across all sectors working to ensure excellent education for all.
The organization is seeking individuals who display superior leadership, analytical, communications and interpersonal skills to join our team. Potential candidates should have the desire to work urgently in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Teach For Thailand is a partner in the Teach For All ( www.teachforall.org ) network. Teach For All is a network of 54 social enterprises pursuing specific theory of change to end educational inequity in their respective countries.
Teach For Thailand seeks a passionate Program Coordinator to intensify our Alumni’s collective leadership through our prioritized pathways; School Leadership, Social Innovation and Policy. We aim to deepen a lifelong commitment and connection to the mission. Your role leading this work will be to support our alumni to be in positions of influence that allow them to support/contribute to the education system and solve the educational problems in Thailand.
The role will be well suited to a savvy team player who is able to execute the strategies for building learning community, leadership development, partnership engagement and advocacy by collaborating with colleagues from different teams in a minimally resource intensive way.
This is an exciting opportunity for a maximizer who enjoys new challenges and loves building sustainable cooperative enterprise for a good cause.
Period: 6-month contract with possibility of extension
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Learning Community Building
- Cultivate long term commitment and participation of alumni to demonstrate collective leadership and its impact based on prioritized pathways
- Promote and encourage an alumni culture that inspires alumni to mobilize around issues of justice and equity and develop annual plans for alumni involvement
- Liaise alumni network with concerned stakeholders to maintain commitment and connectivity to possible and influential solution towards educational inequity
- Facilitate alumni’s engagement both in local and global community to maximize classroom, leadership impacts and to support the organizational mission
- Manage content for alumni communications on social media, emails, websites, etc.
- Manage execution of professional development opportunities that accelerate alumni leadership development
- Collaborate with Training and Support team to ensure readiness and preparedness of fellows during 2 years fellowship program that aligned with Theory of Leadership framework and Alumni Leadership matric
- Deliver various workshops, trainings and events, including networking opportunities with external partners, alumni induction ceremony, alumni conference, etc. to ensure maximum engagement, commitment and impact of alumni network
Partnership Engagement and Advocacy
- Identify, develop and manage relationships with external partners that benefit alumni career and professional development and further their commitment to the mission, including graduate schools, school districts, governments, businesses, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Accelerate alumni’s impact through internship programs and career placements with external partners that aligned with prioritized pathways
- Collaborate with other functional teams and regional teams to ensure aligned approach to fellow and alumni development and engagement prior to, during and beyond their fellowship
- Act as a focal point in implementing related actions to the training and support team (Data compiling, coordinating across functions, managing ad hoc projects, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree required, more advanced degrees preferred
- Minimum 4 years full time work experience, including at least 2 years of experience in building collective network or professional/leadership development program preferred
- Demonstrated success in building and growing effective network preferred
- Thai fluency is mandatory (written and spoken) and good command of English
- A deep commitment to education equity - a belief that all children can succeed regardless of their background
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity in an organisation transitioning out of its startup phase, including the willingness to operate outside of one’s formal role to ensure the success of the broader organization
- Ability to set vision, be strategic and exceptional analytical skills; able to collect, analyze and use data to define opportunities and challenges and draw conclusions
- Excellent organizational and strategic planning skills and the ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied and demanding workload under pressure and with tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high bar for quality
- Exemplary communication skills and ability to inspire and galvanize others to take action toward ambitious goals
- Exceptional relationship building, relationship management with demonstrated ability to influence and persuade at all levels
- Ability to establish and manage authentic working relationships with people of all working styles
- A learning orientation - commitment to learning and development and openness to feedback
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line of the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator