We are looking for
Information Management Coordinator
Based in Bangkok
The Information Management Coordinator (IMCo) works under the coordination of the Head of Information Management Region based in Bangkok. S/he is responsible for the coherence of information life cycle (from the creation of the information to its conservation) in Thailand, China, India and Japan. The Information Management unit (CIM_AIM_IM) is part of the Archive and Information Management division which sits within the Communication and Information Management Department.
In order to provide a better and closer support to end-users, the CIM_AIM_IM unit has decided to review the IM organizational model in the field and to pilot a new setup in the Asia and Pacific Region in 2018. New positions of Information Management Coordinator (IMCo) are open in Bangkok (resident), Djakarta (resident), Dhaka (mobile) and Dushanbe (mobile). This new set up aims at improving as well as coordinating with the different sectors operating around information management (data, data protection, IT, etc.) to provide a coherent support to delegations on issues such as security of information, data management and data protection.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensures coherence in information management (IM) practices and approach in the covered delegations; s/he conducts regular visits to China, India and Japan, including subsites;
- Provides expertise on ICRC IM processes, rules, guidelines and tools, taking into consideration as well the security and the data protection rules; based on local security conditions, advises managers on processing, storage and accessibility to information;
- Develops internal collaboration and synergies with other positions such as data management or ICT positions to ensure that IM guidelines and rules are applied across tools and practices;
- Ensures a consistent approach and that consolidated answers are given on all IM related subjects;
- Is the reference person for the (E)AIMO, the Management and the coordinators for all IM related questions;
- Coordinates and implements IM guidelines and practices, ensuring their consistency;
- Based on current and future processes, proposes and implements solutions to improve the management of the information life cycle, especially the capture of all records that are relevant for the ICRC;
- Contributes to the global regional thinking and orientations regarding IM strategies and tools;
- Ensures compliance by staff members with information and data security and other institutional rules;
- Organizes sessions to explain IM strategies and principles to the managers and assistants and ensures that they are understood; supports the (E)AIMO to implement adapted solutions, to deploy IM rules, policies, guidelines, processes and tools and to accompany the change management processes;
- In coordination with the (E)AIMO defines and implements a strategy to ensure a full coverage across all sites in terms of IM processes, tools, and setup as needed;
- Acts as functional/technical supervisor for the (E)AIMO; ensures consistency in the performance and skills of assistants and provides trainings/coaching to equip them for new responsibilities.
Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities:
- In close coordination with the respective (executive) assistants & IM Officer - (E) AIMO - based in Bangkok, Beijing, Delhi and Tokyo, s/he:
- reviews, with each department and sub-sites, the IM processes and needs to improve information management (share, co-working, access rules, mobility, information handling, data protection, security…)
- works with the different departments in the delegation, and Data Protection Office’s representatives when requested, to provide answers on information management questions and practices.
- implements, promotes and monitors IM projects and tools
- ensures that guidelines and rules are followed
- researches and develops the approaches needed to ensure ICRC’s information security as well as a proper record management in the increasingly digitalized world
Your education and experience:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in information management, information science or data management
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar position at ICRC or in a large international organization/company
- Proficiency in MS Office, IBM Lotus Notes and SharePoint
- Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Experience participating in the definition and/or implementation of change processes
- Excellent command of English and/or French.
- Good problem-solving, time-management and prioritization skills; keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
- A competitive salary with benefits with initial one-year of employment contract
- Initial 1-year contract with possibility of renewable
Deadline for applications: 14 August 2020
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: email@example.com
Starting date: 1 September 2020
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager