(See detailed Term of Reference at APCOM website / "Work with Us")
APCOM is a not-for-profit regional organisation based in Bangkok, Thailand, representing and working with a network of individuals and community-based organisations across 38 countries in Asia and the Pacific.
APCOM works to improve the health and rights of gay men, other men who have sex with men and SOGIESC people across Asia and the Pacific.
APCOM has a primary focus on HIV because it is a key health issue for gay men and other men who have sex with men in the region. APCOM also address other related health issues for our communities such as sexual health, mental health and drug use.
APCOM also focuses on improving relevant human and legal rights across the region as discrimination, stigma, criminalization and exclusion impact on the health outcomes of the communities we serve.
About the position:
Performs reconciliations, analyses, and prepares journal entries and various reports for all bank accounts. These will work closely with management teams to accurately record budget allocation, assist with monthly and annual general ledger closings, and generate standard financial statements. They will also compile information to be given to external auditors as part of an annual audit. Performs other accounting duties, and reporting for various external sources.
The scope of work of this position includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
• Document financial transactions by applying invoices against a chart of accounts and Donor Budgeting.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
• Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
• Full charge bookkeeping including all month and year end journal entries.
• Examines Bank Statement and reconciling them with General Ledger Entries.
• Maintain and Reconciled the Fixed Assets system and associated depreciation Journal Entries.
• Preparing Local Withholding Tax requirement such as PND 1, 3, 53 and other.
• Maintain and recorded budget information into system.
• Allocate expenses accurately.
3.3. Financial Procedure & Controls
• Maintains accounting controls by recommending policies and procedures.
• Reviewed, establish as needed and monitor internal financial controls.
• Coordinate and Document Manage for annual audit process in collaboration with External Auditor.
3.4. Monitoring & Report Analysis
• Generated Monthly and Annual standard financial reports such as balance sheet, Profits and Loss, statement of financial activities and other report.
• Analyze and monitor fund and cash balances project
• Accurately analyze financials as requested.
• Gathering monthly leave form and also record in the system
• Gathering monthly timesheet from staff and record in the system
• Processing monthly payroll process, tax, social security for sign off
• Assist in gathering necessary papers for ex-pat staff for their work visa and work permit application/renewals
• Checking monthly petty cash
• Provide administrative support to the operations team
• Support other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
4. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
A university degree in accounting, international financing business administration, development studies or other related studies
• A minimum of three-year working experience in accounting experience.
• Knowledge of accounting standard in a service sector and/or non-profit context.
• A good knowledge of Thai laws and regulations that have an impact on financial analysis and management controls;
• Experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO) and an international organization;
• Good communicating (Writing, Reading, Speaking) in English
• Thai nationality
5. Key Behaviors and Abilities
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure, with limited day-to-day support with a sense of humor, and a willingness to take on different projects and tasks as need arises.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills in English with an ability to communicate in another Asian language preferred
• Excellent time management and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines
• Well-developed professionalism, tactfulness, personal discipline and impartiality
• Ability to work as part of a team, sharing information and coordinating efforts within the team
• Ability to solve problems and work independently • Ability to adapt to effectively working in multi-cultural environment
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
If you think you have the passion, skills and qualifications for this position and would like to join our team please prepare your application by addressing each point listed in section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’ in the above position description/brief in your cover letter. You are required to state how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications relate to the position. It is recommended that you address each criterion separately in point form. You should use statements with examples that clearly demonstrate your competency in a particular area.
Applicants who fail to demonstrate that they meet the requirements and failure to submit the concept note will not be invited to attend an interview.
Please attach this application along with your CV, covering letter stating your proposed monthly rate and submit to the APCOM Secretariat by emailing JoinUs@apcom.org no later than (please see the closing date on APCOM’s website).
The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview. Where a large number of applicants meet the essential and desirable requirements, only those applicants who most strongly meet the requirements will be selected for interview.
Please ensure that you have attached and included the following information to ensure you application is complete.
☑ CV with 3 references
☑ Application addressing each point listed in Section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’
☑ Cover Letter (Please explain how you meet the qualifications outlined in this Terms of reference, and why you consider yourself appropriate for the role. Please include proposed monthly salary in Thai Baht)
Contact : JoinUs@apcom.org