The USAID- and PEPFAR-funded Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Project, managed by FHI 360, aims to close remaining gaps in the continuum of HIV services towards achieving the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals. EpiC will accelerate the Thai HIV/AIDS response to recruit, reach, test, treat and retain populations in HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for members of key populations, including men who have sex with men (MSM), transgender women (TG), and female sex workers (FSWs).
The Finance Officer position specifically provides financial support in the development and implementation of the EpiC Project in Thailand.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides onsite monthly accounting support to the specific Implementing Agency (IA) with completion cycle.
- Reviews accounting transactions, e.g. General Ledger accounts, wire transfers, check requests, and journal entries and complete monthly Subawardee Financial report (SFR).
- Assures completeness of coding, documentation, and calculates withholding tax and submits payments to Revenue Department on monthly basis.
- Monitors monthly expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews all areas of financial and accounting for accuracy and proper report content and coordinate with IA admin and procurement team on relevant issues (e.g. finance accounting, procurement, and consultant agreements, etc.).
- Provides financial and technical guidance to all IAs on a regular basis and as required.
- Conducts pre-audits on vouchers, invoices, and all supporting documents for all payments related to activities funded under the EPIC Thailand project to verify correctness and completeness.
- Provides expenditure tracking/analysis for all costs incurred related to the EpiC Thailand program, conducts IA pipeline analysis for EpiC funded activities to ensure effective financial management.
- Coordinates with auditors, FHI 360/APRO on program and IA audits and ensures that findings and recommendations of auditors are followed up.
- Conducts pre-award and site visit reviews; supports the development of and amendments to IA budgets and training of IA finance staff; reviews Subawardee Financial report) and follows up on issues identified through SFR preparation.
- Prepares annual budget for USAID submission in USAID format.
- Ensures IAs budget and expenditures are in compliance with USAID contract regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Coordinates with Finance Manager – EpiC Thailand project in information sharing, provides required financial reports and serves as a point person for communicating in resolving financial issues for the specific IA.
- Prepares program’s fiscal year budgets, projections and pipeline analysis.
- Creates, updates, and maintains financial spreadsheets
- Prepares proposal outlines
- Assists with develop and monitoring budgets
- Develops budgets, including staff time allocations
- Communicates regularly with study investigators in the field regarding budgets
- Works with program leaders to resolve problem associated with monthly expenditures and life-of project budgets.
- Prepares financial guidance memos to field offices with special attention to recurring problems.
- Submits monthly financial report to FHI/APRO within ten working days of end-month.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures or the ability to comprehend them.
- Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills including automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner.
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume of workflow efficiently.
- Ability to handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Ability to interpret financial information and reports
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively within a multidiscipline and multicultural environment.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
Frequent interaction with program, administrative and other staff at APRO, implementing agencies, and banks.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Normal office working conditions at Wireless Road and site visit to monitor sub-recipients at Ramkhamhaeang Soi 97/2.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5-7 years of related experience that must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Computer spreadsheet experience required.
- Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations will be an advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
*** Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360's Career Portal . We are accepting applications via FHI 360's Career Portal only ***
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 02 2635273
การเงิน / Financierผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant