The USAID- and PEPFAR-funded Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Project, managed by FHI 360, aims to close remaining gaps in the continuum of HIV services towards achieving the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals. EpiC will accelerate the Thai HIV/AIDS response to recruit, reach, test, treat and retain populations in HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for members of key populations, including men who have sex with men (MSM), transgender women (TG), and female sex workers (FSWs).
The Technical Officer: Care, Support and Treatment position provides technical support and guidance to Care, Support, and Treatment (CST) activities under the EpiC Thailand Project. This position monitors technical CST activities, supports development of CST technical strategies, designs and conducts training and activities, and provides overall management and administrative support to the EpiC Thailand activities.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support for program implementation of EpiC Thailand CST activities, which include monitoring of community-based HIV/STI testing and partner notification services, case management for people living with HIV (PLHIV), assistance with referral to treatment initiation and/or community-based HIV treatment, and regular viral load testing.
- Coordinate with EpiC program in providing capacity building and ongoing support to assigned, community-based implementing partners (IPs) who provide the above described care and support services for members of key populations.
- Liaison as assigned with public- and private-sector hospitals and clinics to ensure continuity of care and effective patient tracking for PLHIV between community-based and facility-based healthcare services. Assist as needed with provision of capacity building and technical assistance for facility-based healthcare providers.
- Provide technical support to EpiC Thailand Senior Technical Officers and EpiC Thailand Country Representative.
- Coordinate with the EpiC program and technical team to ensure smooth implementation and alignment of program activities across IPs.
- Assist in identifying additional opportunities for EpiC Thailand involvement in strengthening care, support and treatment services for PLHIV.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects as appropriate.
- Work closely with the EpiC program team to ensure treatment, care and support activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Write and edit technical reports and documents. Assist with publications, web pages, and presentations.
- Conduct searches of published literature in assigned technical area.
- Monitor and maintain protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA or MS in public health, nursing, social science, or related field, and 3 - 5 years relevant experience with international development programs and field experience.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health, international development, and/or social science research with a strong focus on CST.
- Written and verbal communication skills and editing skills in Thai and English.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
*** Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360's Career Portal . We are accepting applications via FHI 360's Career Portal only ***
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 02 2635273
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant