United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 29/2020
Registration/Data Management Assistant
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
24 September 2020
Associate Data Management Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
30 September 2020
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Post As soon as possible until 31 December 2020.
1. General Background
The Registration/Data Management Assistant is a member of the Registration Unit. Thailand is not a party to the 1951 Refugee Convention and currently has no national legal framework for addressing refugee status or protection. Accordingly, at present UNHCR conducts mandate Refugee Status Determination (RSD) for its urban refugee population, although the Royal Thai Government (RTG) has committed to creating a regulatory framework for addressing refugee status and protection issues. As such, UNHCR Bangkok is responsible for processing claims of asylum seekers in the urban area. The Registration/Data Management Assistant is the first point of contact and is responsible for collecting applications, making appointments, registering profiles and obtaining biographic and biometric data and entering it into the UNHCR Database.
Furthermore, Registration/Data Management Assistant is also responsible for keeping information and documents up-to-date, including issuing Identification cards for asylum seekers and refugees.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the supervision of the Associate Data Management Officer, the incumbent is expected to:
1. Register all asylum seekers who approach the Office and enter individual data and biometrics into proGres Database and Biometric Identification Management Systems (BIMS);
2. Identify cases with specific needs in need of prioritization (i.e. medical, security, unaccompanied minors and vulnerable women) at the registration stage, ensure translation of documents and refer to staff members for acceleration;
3. Responsible for referring asylum seekers/ refugees who are in need of medical, social, legal advice and financial assistance for review/ approval;
4. Assist in operating the Document Translation Tracking and Electronic Filing System;
5. Assist in RSD Decision Notification for both positive and negative decisions;
6. Assist in file management;
7. Issue Identification cards for asylum seekers and refugees;
8. Assist the Senior Protection Assistant in the coordination and activities at the Reception Centre;
9. Assist in the preparation of monthly RSD statistics on issues and developments involving protection for the Protection/RSD Officer with an analysis on how to ensure effective protection/solution;
10. Prepare letters to/from the Royal Thai Government and act as an interpreter and translator from Thai to English or English to Thai when needed;
11. To perform other tasks as needed and assigned
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
Staff member performance will be monitored by the number of registration interviews conducted, biometrics obtained, number of ID Cards Issued and number of decisions notified.
4. Qualifications and Experience
5. Key Competencies
Please submit your Motivation Letter, duly signed P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to: THABAHR@unhcr.org by the closing date.
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org