Location: Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand
Start Date: November 2020
SOS’s purpose and expectation:
We are a food rescue foundation.
• SOS is committed to rescuing surplus food to feed people in need and help the environment by tackling food waste issues (food rescue is the core of the SOS mission)
• SOS is committed to educating the general public and our clients about food waste, nutrition and living a healthier lifestyle
• SOS is committed to engage with the community to maximize our impact
To achieve this vision, SOS prides itself not only on being a logistic expert, but also having an exceptional ‘customer and community service’ focus.
We expect from our team members a strong commitment and passion for food rescue and education with the organization’s vision at the forefront of all decisions and actions.
SOS Hua Hin launch in 2020
We are expanding our food rescue operation in the province of Prachuap Khiri Khan and we will open our 2nd branch office in Hua Hin this November. During the first few months of operation, we will only hire one staff to cover the duties and responsibilities 5 days a week.
The role of the Food Rescue Supervisor is:
To pick-up food surplus using our cooling truck from the list of SOS partners in Hua Hin 5 days a week and deliver it to our selected recipients.
To maintain and nurture all existing food donor relations to maximize their food donations, ensure that the systems are manageable to donors and SOS team, and coordinate any training-related matter to head office (Bangkok).
To oversee all aspects of food safety during daily operation: working closely with internal team (Food Safety Specialist), donors, and recipient communities to ensure that the food donated is of high quality and perfectly fit for human consumption.
To work closely with head office when it comes to community research, marketing-related work, and any fundraising events.
To manage pick-up data collection using our logistic app, including, weight, quality, nutritional value, and items donated, plus existing tracking sheets regarding our fuel cost.
To oversee the SOS Hua Hin office, maintain its order and cleanliness, report and fix any building problems, manage monthly bill payments & cash reports, and the be the main contact person for internal (SOS) and external (donors/recipients) communication.
• Male, 28-40 y/o
• A Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Sales or Food Science/Nutrition (or any related degree)
• Previous leadership experience will be preferred
• Lightly experience with food safety training
• Fluent in written and spoken Thai and English
• Comfortable with field data collecting
• Microsoft Proficient and admin work savvy
• Ability to work with local communities
• Thai Nationality only, preferably from Prachuap Khiri Khan province and well-verse with the city of Hua Hin
Personal Abilities and Aptitudes
• A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the vision of SOS
• Energetic, positive and proactive
• Strong communications skills and the ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Extremely organized and detail-orientated
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook application
• Ability to work closely with chef’s and food purveyors ensuring their donations are maximized and safe for communities
• CRM database maintenance and upkeep, used to follow up and track food donors
• Ability to identify and approach potential donors for edible food program
• Team management
• Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a team environment
• Well-developed written communication skills in Thai and English
• Ability to maintain high level collaborative communication with your direct managers
• Demonstrated initiative, time management skills and ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Willingness to work and adapt within a fast-paced, highly dynamic workplace
• The flexibility to work out of hours and for extended hours during peak periods
Reports To: Managing Director
Internal: Management Team in Bangkok (Head Office)
External: Food Donors, Recipient Communities, Strategic Partners, Corporate Volunteers, Stakeholders, Service Providers, and Media.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• You will mainly be responsible for the image/branding of SOS in Hua Hin
• Your job will be that of a local liaison, helping our global team in Thailand
• You will present to possible donors of goods, assist in obtaining agreements, educate staff, and help communities in the food recycling processes in the future
• You will be responsible for the quality of the food we provide to SOS recipients
• You will assist in method and translation with the local communities that SOS will work in, and help create awareness for our cause. You will work to find ways in which to educate these communities, in a way which engages and grows the entire community towards a stronger, greener, healthier future.
• Working closely with the entire SOS team in Thailand and America, and be involved in all decisions around how we accomplish our mission in Hua Hin, and an integral part of making SOS’s vision a reality.
• 40 hours a week, must be able to work some evenings and weekends
• Vacation 10 days and 14 public holidays
• Sick leave with doctor’s proof after 3-day period, up to maximum 30 days
• Probation period of 90 days.
Negotiable based on experience
Health coverage after probation period of 90 days
Contact : email@example.com