The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
Regional Data Analyst
Strengthen the ICRC's capacity to ground its Protection (one of the core activities of the ICRC) response and its dialogue and policy on a solid evidence basis in the ASIA Region. Ensure a rigorous methodological approach to data collection, both qualitative and quantitative, and to processing data analysis, and visualization. Build capacity in EBP (Evidence-Based approaches to Protection) and transfer of knowledge to the Regional Protection Data Office (RPDO) in Bangkok.
Under the supervision and guidance of senior Data analyst in Geneva, the analyst would work in close coordination with the Protection coordinators in the concerned contexts.
- Ensure rigorous methodological approach both qualitative and quantitative to data collection, analysis, visualization and reporting that will provide an in-depth understanding about the humanitarian situation related to Protection situation and ICRC’s activities in the Region.
- Contribute to the reflection, development and implementation analysis to help optimize and strengthen Evidence-based approaches to Protection, regional policy and operational dialogue.
- Build reports, dashboards and visualizations combining quantitative and qualitative methods and produce visual and reader-friendly analytics.
- Perform ad-hoc researches and data extraction requests.
- Explore new data sources and analytical techniques.
- Propose advanced-level evidence-based analytical writing.
- Map available regional external data resources and build partnerships with other organizations based in the Region.
- Link up with other internal ICRC departments in topics related to data and analytics.
- Train, advise and support the RPDO with analysis of regional topics, providing advice on consistent data collection and identifying points to be standardized.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Geography, Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences or a related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience (International/humanitarian is a plus)
- Master’s degree/PhD in Computer Science, Geography, Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences or a related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience (International/humanitarian is a plus)
- Experience in data analysis and statistical methods applied to humanitarian settings, assessments methodologies and conflict analysis
- Storytelling ability through visually clear reports and dashboards, both dynamic and static
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Python, R or other relevant scripting and programming languages is an asset.
- Experience with automated collection and storage of data retrieved through web APIs (Application programming Interface) is an asset.
Desired profiles and skills:
- Interest in data, methodologies and passion of bringing it to use for Protection and ICRC work
- Ability to adapt to varying workloads and to work under pressure with very short deadlines in a constrained technological environment
- Well-organized, meticulous, creative and open-minded with a scientific approach to solving problems
- Team player with strong communication and intercultural skills
- Applicants must be citizen of Thailand
- A rewarding and enriching work in an international humanitarian environment
- Initial 1-year of employment contract with possibility of renewable
- Initial training and on-boarding organised
- Possibilities of working in a fast-paced environment and to help victims
- A competitive salary with benefits
The closing date for the post will be: 31 October 2020
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting date: As soon as possible
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project managerนักวิจัย / Researcher