Job Title: Pharmacy Warehouse Assistant (National Position)
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Mae Sot District Soi 14, Thailand
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
Under the direct supervision of Pharmacy Warehouse Officer, the Pharmacy Warehouse Assistant provides day-to-day/maintain/update Pharmacy inventory and assists health team and IRC Supply Chain team in receiving/distributing of drug and medical supplies on a monthly/quarterly basis. Also the Pharmacy Warehouse Assistant assists in coordinating with Camp hospital Directors, camp pharmacy departments, IPD/OPD Clinic, Lab, Community Health and Reproductive Child Health (RCH) from Mae La, Umpiem Mai and Nu Po camps related to pharmacy activities.
1. Assist the medical team for the quarterly procurement of essential drugs, supplies, and equipment for Tak camps.
2. Assist the medical team in coordinating with Supply and procurement department in Bangkok to ensure the procurement of essential drugs, supplies, and equipment will be received on timely manner.
3. Assist in receiving, checking and ensure the quality and standard of incoming medical products and supplies from suppliers.
4. Assist in issuing Waybill, Delivery Report and Recording in logbook and circulating copy to each program for reference information.
5. Assist Health team and Camp Pharmacy Staffs in compiling drug orders from camp clinics and distribution of drugs supplies in camps.
6. Assist in the distribution of essential drugs and medic supplies to the camp, to avoid stock outs in the camp clinics.
7. Assist in keeping accurate stock balance and time records on the paper and computer systems, for the Mae Sot, Umphang offices and 3 camp stores in timely manner.
8. Assist in reviewing of expiry date of all stock items and report to Logistics Manager, Health Coordinator and Medical Manager when stocks are due to expire in six-month time and perform disposal for all scraps.
9. Ensure all day-to-day inventory transactions (stock card, bin card, inventory reports and related documents) are updated on a real-time basis with accuracy. Control and document the receipt, handling, storage, pick-up (FEFO/FIF), store release and reporting of inventory to the operation team/Health Coordinator and Medical Manager.
10. Assist in proper storage of medicines and medical supplies including maintenance of safe storage, temperature control as well as to ensure cleanliness and tidiness of pharmacy area for the Mae Sot and 3 camp stores.
1. Assist in conducting bi-monthly Pharmacy Management Monitoring Check and record results, maintaining drug inventory, Quarterly Inventory check and submit monthly report to Senior Medical Managers.
2. Assist in proper disposal of expired medicines according to IRC and MOPH protocol.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Pharmacy Warehouse Officer
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Senior Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Deputy Field Coordinator for Operations, Senior Clinical Managers (PHC, RCH), Laboratory Technical Officer, Community Health Supervisor, Psychosocial Manager, Operations team and Nurses; Livelihoods team; Protection team
Bachelor of Pharmacy, Health, Public health, Logistic or other relevant fields
At least 1 year experience in Pharmacy warehouse management or equivalent
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Good command of written and spoken Thai and English or other ethnic languages (preferable Burmese, Karen languages)
Certificates or Licenses:
Working Environment: The position will be based in Mae Sot District, Tak Province, with frequent travel to Mae La, Umpiem Mai and Nu Po Temporary Shelters in Tak.
If you are interested , please apply via link below
PROPOSED START DATE : February 2021
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 26 January 2021
Contact : +66 (0) 2 253 6519-27 Ext 336