Job Title : Health Program Officer
Location: Mae Sot
Application Deadline : 5 May 2021
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
IRC provides primary health care and environmental health services in several refugee camps in Thailand. IRC provides preventive and curative health care services in the camps, including primary health care, reproductive health, neonatal care and health education. Clinical services include out-patient department (OPD) and in-patient department (IPD) care; laboratories supporting IPD/OPD and reproductive health clinics; pharmacy services for essential drugs; community health education, and mental health care. Environmental health services aim to create a healthy living environment for refugees living in the camps through the provision of quality water and sanitation facilities, leading efforts to improve access to chlorinated water, sanitation, and hygiene in the camps.
Under the direct supervision of Health Coordinator, the Health Program Officer Responsible for the provision of efficient, high quality program support to the Refugee Health Program and its staff across all camps but primarily Maela, Umpiem and Nupo districts, Tak Province where this position is based. To cooperate working with our NGOs, INGOs and Thai authority partners. Provides Logistic and administrative support to CBAs staffs and IRC the Health team to ensure all programs are able to implement program activities in camps.
Health Program Support: Training/Meeting and Coordination
• Provide administrative and logistical support for facilitation of health workshops, meetings, and conferences, including distributing schedules and notices, identifying and preparing for venues, arranging supplies, equipment, materials, etc.
• Work with Health Coordinator to ensure program resources are appropriately organized for training and meetings both in the camps and at the office or other venues. Keep track on the expense related to training and meetings.
• Assist the Health Coordinator in ensuring completion of necessary documents for the new recruitment of health program personnel.
• Assist the Health Coordinator in monitoring and supervising outsource service providers, contractors,, etc.
Form Updated June 2016
• Work with operations team to provide orientation on administrative, logistic and procurement procedures to new IRC health staff to ensure IRC operational procedures are well acknowledged and implemented.
• Provide regular updates on operational procedure, change of organization policy, RTG policy to ensure health program staff are informed and on track.
• Manage and ensure that appropriate administrative and programmatic support are provided to health service provision and programming in the TAK camps through regular monitoring of logistics, including timely delivery of goods and materials, quality of supplies and materials before delivering to camps and arranging of transportation for program staff and materials.
• Take the leading role in managing and planning the shipment of supplies and materials between the camps and Maesot office and maintain record of waybills.
• Coordinate access with relevant local stakeholders and the community and prepare relevant documents for health program camp-based stipend workers for camp passes, permission letter for training and traveling from Thai Authorities as necessary.
• Provide support to the referral team and the health team in coordinating with Thai Authorities (e.g. health authorities and local MOI) for camp authorization letters as necessary.
• Support in ensuring infection control procedures are in place and implemented correctly. Theses including temperature screening, handwashing, disinfectant at the health office and proper waste management.
Health Administrative / Logistic Support and Procurement
• Provide effective administrative services for all health team members and visitors. These include arrangement of transportation and accommodation for health staff for their filed trips.
• Assist non-Thai Health staff in Maesot and Umphang with the preparation of all documentation necessary for Visa and Work Permit renewals and ensure timely submission to HR/Administration in Mae Sot.
• Collect and review all health staff monthly timesheets and check for correction of grant allocations, signatures, etc. and submit to HR/Administration in Mae Sot at the beginning of each month.
• Provide support and assistance to the health Staff for the procurement of supplies and services including consolidating and updating the procurement plan, preparing purchase request, follow up the lead time and deliverable of equipment and materials as requested.
• Serve as a focal person in reviewing and verifying PRs raised by the health program team and identify outstanding PRs in the Budget versus Actual (BVA) system and assist the close out process.
• Check health staff per diem reimbursements and process with Mae Sot finance team.
• Manage Cash advance for the procurement of necessary office supplies, assist Health program team to manage cash advance and clear when necessary.
• Manage and maintain stock of authorized supplies, equipment, devices, and program resource materials; disseminate supplies, etc. as authorized; maintain appropriate inventory controls for all health programs.
Form Updated June 2016
• Coordinate with operations team on all operational matters including vehicle management to ensure that health program transportation needs are met for daily schedules and referral schedules.
• Manage and maintain the functioning of IRC Maesot Office including security, electricity, internet etc. and ensure all office equipment and fixtures are always in good working condition in Health Office.
• Support Umphang Program Officer and Mae Sot finance for stipend payment in Nupo camp on a monthly basis, and for other camps as requested.
• Support the Umphang Health team during absence of the Umphang Program Officer
• Perform other duties as requested by health program team and Supervisor.
Position Reports to: Health Coordinator Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: Camp Based Assistant Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Senior Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Mae Sot Field Coordinator, IRC health staff in all Thailand sites, Project for Local Empowerment (PLE) health team, IRC program unit, IRC operations unit, IRC finance unit, Umphang Senior clinical manager, EMR Assistant and Program Assistant.
External: Local community-based partner organizations, Thai public health authorities, Tak Public Health Office, non-governmental organizations
• High school with more than 5 years’ experiences in a NGO environment or health services (Logistic).
• Bachelor degree in Management, Finance or public health
Work Experience: minimum 3 years of experience in a NGO environment or health services.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Demonstrated experience in a similar Operations role
• Quick response time to program needs
• Computer literate with strong word processing skills
• Strong skills in time management
• Strong skills in task prioritization
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
Language Skills: Good command of written and spoken Thai and English essential. Knowledge of Karen or
Burmese is desirable.
Certificates or Licenses: none
Working Environment: The position will be based in the IRC office in Maesot with some traveling to Umphang as required.
If you are interested , please apply via link below
Contact : HR Department