Program Specialist 1
Purpose of Position:
The Program Specialist will monitor and evaluate programmatic progress to prevent child trafficking and exploitation in Northern Thailand. This position will work with the Strategy Director to design, manage and implement systems to ensure quality monitoring and reporting of the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan. They will have input into the development and oversight of the project’s learning agenda and research undertaken by the project. They will provide primary support to the team for timely, complete, and quality reporting of all monitoring, evaluation, and research data from project activities.
Reports To: Strategic Director
Indirectly Reports To: Thailand Executive Director
Monitoring and Evaluation and Research
Continued development and implementation of existing M&E strategy for the country program that ensures technically sound and consistent approaches to:
- Indicator development across projects and geographic locations, including incorporation of organizational core indicators.
- Routine monitoring of program activities.
- Assessments of beneficiary needs.
- Evaluations of the effectiveness of program interventions.
- Accountability feedback mechanisms to ensure responsiveness to needs and clients.
- Data collection, including digital data collection where feasible.
- Data storage and secure accessibility of data by project staff and country/regional management.
- Provide support for research and development for monitoring and evaluation tools and reports (surveys, checklists, statistics etc.).
- Provide support and insight into research agenda and implementation of research projects based on needs of the project.
- Collate, analyse and consolidate data.
- Support program-level knowledge management efforts and develop and implement systems that facilitate the sharing of information across programs and field sites within Thailand, specifically focused on use of data and analysis for decision making and donor influence.
Program quality management
Work with the program managers and project teams to implement the M&E country strategy, with a focus on:
- Development of robust M&E plans and logical frameworks for each project.
- Coordinated monitoring of project activities, ensuring that activities are carried out or as planned or adjusted/adapted as needed.
- Coordinated assessments of beneficiary needs and client responsiveness, ensuring that tools and methodologies are appropriate, so that results are actionable and easily communicated.
- Contributing to an organizational culture shift from a focus on data being primarily for donor reporting to using data for decision making and action.
- Provide support on design and planning of beneficiary selection criteria in collaboration with technical coordinators, managers and M&E managers.
- Work with the program managers and project staff to provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation.
- Serve as the country office’s focal person for annual statistics reporting.
- Support the field teams in analysis of data, including going beyond simple Excel charts to more sophisticated statistical analysis, and including creative use of visualization tools.
- Assist in conducting regular analysis to: (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites; (2) identify issues requiring further attention; (3) define action needed and assign responsibility and deadlines;
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on milestones and progress to the Strategy and Executive Directors for review.
- Support design and implementation of internal evaluations and project assessments with relevant program staff and technical advisors.
- Update and keep track of evaluation plans to ensure projects are prepared for evaluations or internal assessments far in advance, and that each grant is subject to review in a systematic and timely fashion.
- Provide input into activity design.
Capacity building, designing and learning
- Provide coaching, support and technical assistance to field staff to learn new M&E skills
- Support teams and Strategy Director in developing log-frames and theories of change for new project proposals, including consistency with the TFS’s library of core outcomes and indicators.
- Conduct client responsiveness assessments and assessment of beneficiary needs to feed into the design of new project proposals.
- Support development of tools and systems that ensure recommendations/lessons learned from previous grants flow back into project design of new grants. Support project/program staff to properly document, organize and capture program progress and create a tools and library to increase institutional learning and disseminate lessons learnt
The Program Specialist should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Behave ethically: Exhibits and demonstrates exceptional ethical behavior in all business and personal relationships and ensures that others are maintaining the highest standards that align with TFS’s values.
- Build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, professional, thorough and timely manner
- Creativity and Problem Solving: Develop new and unique proactive ways to improve operations of the organization and create new opportunities, while assessing problems to identify causes and generating solutions to resolve the problem.
- Organized: Set priorities; develop a personal work schedule, track details, data, information and activities.
- Self-Motivated: Able to identify needs and goals and takes initiative to achieve without much guidance or supervision.
- Positive thinker: Able to see the best in all situations and encourage others to be positive.
- Advanced degree with emphasis on monitoring and evaluation
- At least 7 years of professional experience in NGOs including at least 4 years experience in monitoring and evaluation including:
- Developing and implementing M&E systems
- Strategic planning and performance measurement, indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies
- Collecting dataRemote monitoring
- Experience in anti-trafficking or child development a plus.
- Proven ability to think strategically about data and making decisions on the same
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including experience with multi-sectoral and multi-donor funded programs and experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience training and mentoring staff and local partners
- Proven ability to support M&E components in business development
- Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to negotiate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results
- Knowledge of the trends and issues in international aid monitoring, knowledge management and measurement
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
Fluency in English required
Proficiency in the use of computers with:
- Microsoft Office
- Data Base Management
- Google Calendar, Documents and Email
- Cloud sharing platforms such as Dropbox and Box.com
Hours and Work Environment
- Full Time: 40 hours per week
- The Program Specialist will work at the Resource Centers in Chiang Rai, Thailand
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive monthly salary
- Savings Plan
- Health Care Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Social Security
- Vacation Time
- Reimbursement for expenses
If interested please send a resume and cover letter in English to
Email : email@example.com
Tel: 080-670-8375 (supranee)
ไอที / ITนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer