Work location: (Southern part of Thailand: majority Trang, Hat Yai and Surat Thani)
Plastic pollution is an urgent problem with major, adverse impacts on the health of ocean ecosystems, the integrity of food supplies, and on livelihoods. WWF has a vision of an economy and a society that has zero tolerance for plastic pollution and all harm caused to the environment from such pollution. As part of this vision, WWF has launched the global initiative “No Plastic in Nature”, aiming to address the plastic problem using a holistic approach. One key guiding document within this initiative is the Plastic Smart Cities (PSC) Strategic Framework, which is compiled in the PSC Playbook. This document represents a step-by-step approach on how to activate city stakeholders on tackling their specific plastic problem.
In order to stop plastic pollution, action plans based on reliable local data, identified through the baseline studies, are required. Under the Plastic Smart Cities framework, the Scoping and Action Planning approach includes a comprehensive baseline assessment and stakeholder mapping before defining reduction targets and actions. The beneficial impact of projects needs to be measured by formulating key performance indicators (KPIs) and measuring them before and after the intervention.
A. Stakeholder engagement
- Identify, entice, and mobilize local champions and community groups to tackle plastic pollution.
- Plan and facilitate meetings with local communities and stakeholders, training workshops and visits.
- facilitate local capacity building and registration of appropriate community-based structures to receive grants from WWF.
B. Project planning and implementation
- Work in close collaboration with the Plastic Manager and other Field Coordinators to initiate, appraise and develop concepts, workplans and budgets for new projects in respective cities; and provide relevant local insights to ensure project sustainability and scalability.
- Support in developing Action Plan with consultants and local stakeholders to ensure local ownership.
- Scan, identify and propose activities that the city and its stakeholders will undertake as part of the city workplan, as well as setup monitoring systems relative to the proposed activities.
- Assist Plastic Manager in developing and/or reviewing TORs for project contracts and consultants.
- Assist Policy Manager in developing local business linkages for adopting circular economy solutions.
- Carry out any other appropriate tasks as need may arise during implementation of the projects.
C. M&E and donor reporting
- Support in conducting baseline surveys to determine characteristics and amounts of plastic waste
- Assist Manager to ensure adequate and timely technical reporting internally and to relevant donors
D. Administrative support and assets management
- Manage and oversee that budgets allocated to city work are spent according to the budget lines and in alignment with WWF rules and regulations.
- Follow internal guidelines to ensure that appropriate administrative procedures are implemented.
- Arrange key resources required by local partners for improving local waste management.
- Update inventories and maintain all equipment provided by the project at field level.
- Provide logistical and procurement support and other administrative tasks required by the team.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in international and/or local development work.
- Demonstrated success in project management and local empowerment would be a strong asset.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment and with international organizations is an asset.
- Working experience in Southern part of Thailand and the surrounding areas is highly desirable.
- Team player with strong organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- High work standards with ability to initiate & maintain relationships, especially with local governments.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration.
How to apply: Interested candidate, please click apply with attached resume or submit your resume and motivation letter stating your expected salary to email@example.com Tel: +66 (0) 2 618 4303-5 #413.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Otherwise, your resume will be filed into our candidate database for future reference and consideration
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer