Psychologist/Social worker –
For Freedom International Thailand
Salary starting at 25.000 THB/MTh with a probation time of 3 months. The salary will be evaluated yearly and is subject to job performance and skill level.
Benefits – 20 days paid vacation, 13 public holidays, social security.
Reports to: FFI Operations Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (i.e. those which are basic, necessary, and an integral part of the job, are indicated below.)
- Speaks of For Freedom International, our staff, our partners, participants in our programs, and other organizations with respect and honor across all communication platforms.
- Acts as an advocate for FFI and each individual FFI serves, understanding the problem, raising awareness of the need and how everyone can respond.
- While some behavior and social conduct is acceptable in general culture, activities that contradict Scripture, even if accepted by society, will not be allowed.
- Agrees and accepts the employee handbook and the hiring process which includes accepting the Child Protection Policy and also providing a police criminal check.
- Other duties as assigned.
Purpose of Job Assignment:
- Help to achieve the vision of FFI – “Breaking chains of oppression so that people have an opportunity to encounter Jesus Christ, live in freedom and change the world.”
- The role as a psychologist/social worker are to focus on at risk, and exploited women and children, victims of trafficking. This role will work to build partnerships and relationships with Thai schools, social welfare department, hospitals, law enforcement and prosecutors. Finally, this role will together with the Government support department, manage cases, after care and follow up of victims, coordination of prevention measures etc.
- Perform diagnosis in pediatric clinical psychology.
- Perform psychological therapy and primary child psychological restoration.
- Work together with related agencies in both the public and private sectors.
Key Job responsibilities:
- Child Advocacy Center (CAC)
- Support in case management and support of victims brought to the CAC or other NGO and government partners. Advocate to government authorities for those who have been rescued or trafficked and are awaiting or need legal, educational, immigration, medical, or other assistance. Help to facilitate and perform interviews.
- Help to bring leadership to a shelter for victims of trafficking, age of victims up to 15 years of age.
- Learn, use and assist in maintaining the Salesforce case management database.
- Learn and understand all relevant Thai laws and procedures related to anti-trafficking and children services.
- Financial Responsibility
- Work within the FFI Thailand budget
- Maintain and create detailed records of all tasks and programs related to the ministry of FFI.
- Achieve and maintain a social worker license.
- Team Contribution
- Support policy decisions.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Participate in all planning sessions, reporting, performance evaluations and any other staff related items.
- Ensure that safety and security of team members and FFI information, documents, strategies are kept in the strictest of confidence.
- All FFI strategies are considered confidential unless otherwise noted in formal FFI documentation
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Reports to: FFI Operations Director
Direct Reports: Social worker
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in counseling children and young women that has been sexually abused, exploited and suffering from trauma.
Skills and Attributes
Specific and General skills and abilities required to meet the expectations of the position.
- A self-starter with a driven personality.
- Good analyzing skill with an ability to give unbiased diagnosis of victims.
- Enjoys working with women and children.
- Strives for performance and excellence in their work and the teams work.
- Team oriented while being organized, efficient and focused.
- Patient and works well under stress.
- Positive attitude.
- Strategizing for scalability and growth.
- Thinking and leading on a global level.
- A passion to train and empower children.
- Able to achieve goals in a cross-cultural team.
- Supports and helps teammates.
- Leads by example by being personally well organized and able to coach team members to be the same with annual, monthly and weekly planning tools.
- Professional in all written and spoken communication.
- Strong customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Willingly accepts responsibility.
- Takes initiative.
- Ability to work by themselves yet simultaneously keeping their teammates informed.
- Has to go through a physical examination
- Has to provide a background check (criminal records)
- Has to provide 4 different references
Physical Demands, Work Environment & Conduct.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Disclosure Statement
The above statements and description are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks. Other similar or additional duties are to be performed as assigned. You, or FFI, may terminate the position at any time for any reason.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activist