Vacancy announcement: National Coordinator of Partnership for Actions on Green Economy (PAGE) in Thailand
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability.
The position of Thailand PAGE National Coordinator is based in Bangkok on a local recruitment contract of 1 year with possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance and starting as soon as possible.
The National Coordinator is expected to support the NESDC in planning, coordinating, and implementing PAGE activities in Thailand and facilitating linkages with relevant national government agencies, social partners (workers and employers’ organizations), policy processes, and international development partners. The National Coordinator will officially report to the UNIDO PAGE Project Manager and Focal Points in Thailand with substantive guidance and oversight provided by the UNIDO Representative in the country and the Government Focal Point within the NESDC of Thailand.
Key specific tasks of the National Coordinator include:
- Support the coordination and implementation of PAGE priorities and workstreams: integrate inclusive green economy (IGE) goals and targets into national economic and development planning; implement sectoral and thematic reforms in accordance with national IGE priorities; strengthen individual, institutional, and planning capacities for IGE action;
- Support PAGE’s inception phase and mediumterm programme planning and policy integration: develop a sustainability plan for advancing green development in Thailand beyond the core PAGE support period; establish the Steering Committee, support the initiation of a green development programme with a larger funding base, going beyond the current partnership; facilitate linkages between PAGE and national SDGs processes, and with other relevant policy processes; regularly inform national authorities responsible for reporting on SDGs and Paris agreement of PAGE support; support mobilization of national and international resources for Programme implementation;
- Organize highlevel events, workshops, thematic training, stakeholder consultations, and meetings;
- Support and facilitate communication, outreach activities, and collaboration processes with the NESDC, national and international counterparts of the PAGE program in Thailand.
- Education: Advanced university degree in economics, environmental, social, political sciences, or any related discipline.
- UNIDO Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai is required. Working knowledge of or fluency in another United Nations language is desirable.
- Field of Expertise:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience at the national and/or international level in programme/projects management is required;
- Experience in public policy in Green Economy and sustainable development-related areas such as, but not limited to, planning, circular economy, green business, green production and services green jobs and building capacity is desirable;
- Experience of directly working with the Government of Thailand and/or UN agencies is desirable.
For more details on the position and how to apply: https://www.unido.org/vacancies/page-national-coordinator.
Application deadline: 25 May 2021.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator