FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions in more than 60 countries. Our staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology—creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. The Asia Pacific Regional Office based in Bangkok, Thailand, manages regional and country programs and provides support to 14 country offices throughout the Asia Pacific region.
The Program Management Unit (PMU) aims to ensure the effective management and operations of project implementation in the Asia Pacific region. The PMU provides program management and operational support to Country Offices/Teams including project start-up, operations, implementation, development and monitoring of subrecipients, tracking of key periodic reporting, project closeout, and ensuring compliance to donor requirements. The PMU works in collaboration with cross-disciplinary departments in the Regional Office to ensure continuous quality improvement within the program portfolio and is involved in responses to funding opportunities.
Due to expansion project in Asia Pacific region, we are looking for 2 more Senior Program Officer to join our amazing Program Management Unit team. The Senior Program Officer will provide program management support to FHI 360 the Asia Pacific Regional Office and country offices and projects in the Asia Pacific region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review subaward (sub-grant or sub-contract) packages prepared by Country Office and project teams to ensure completeness of documentation and compliance with FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures;
- Liaise with Finance, Contracts, and Technical teams to provide necessary feedback to improve different elements subaward packages (such as budgets, budget narratives, negotiation memorandum, program descriptions, etc)
- Guide Country Office and project teams in choosing the correct contracting mechanism for any given subaward, and work closely with the Contracts Management department to address any subaward-related issues and questions;
- Ensure all subaward documentation is properly filed.
Procurements and Consultant Hiring Management
- As necessary, recruit consultants and other vendors to perform technical/professional as well as commercial services for FHI 360 projects.
- Review procurement and consultant packages prepared by Country Office and project teams to ensure completeness of documentation and compliance with FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Process consultant and other vendor payments as necessary.
Program Management and Technical Quality
- Serve as a key member of project Performance Optimization Teams.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (Prime Award Management, Financial Management, Technical Quality) for projects in assigned countries on a quarterly basis, communicating any issues to the leadership.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development, review, and submission of funder progress reports and other deliverables as needed.
- Support the design, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of projects and subawards across the region.
- Schedule periodic calls with Country and Project teams to discuss operational, programmatic, financial and technical progress and updates.
- Provide in-person and/or remote support to country offices or project teams on new project start-up as well as grant processing close-out activities to ensure compliance to FHI 360 and funder requirements.
- Facilitate/support Program and Technical Quality assessments as necessary.
- Liaise with different department in the Regional Office and HQ to find solutions to operational, programmatic, contractual, and financial issues facing Country or Project teams, ensuring FHI 360 and funder policies and procedures are followed.
- Build program management capacity of country and project teams (including sub-awardees) through in-person/virtual mentoring sessions, workshops and trainings to improve performance and streamline operations
Business Development and Diversification
- Provide writing and editing support in the preparation of pre-capture/capture and proposal development efforts (including executive summaries, technical narratives, staffing and management plans, workplans, past performances, biosummaries, CV/resumes, capability statements, etc).
- Assist with planning and research in support of regional business development strategies.
- Provide business development support as Technical Budget Lead to Business Development and Diversification Team and other tasks, as requested.
- Support Country/Project teams to develop technical briefs, reports, blogs or other materials to facilitate research, best practices and experience sharing.
- Review and edit technical reports and documents, as needed. Assist with development of communications materials, including web pages and presentations as requested.
- Provide technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for public health projects.
- Conduct searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Knowledge of development programs in the health sector in developing countries in Asia and Pacific region.
- Strong and demonstrated program/project management skills. Holding Project Management certification is preferred.
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require review of various factors.
- Exercises good judgment with selecting methods and techniques to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in both English and Thai.
- Works well in cross-cultural settings.
- Excellent at working in team settings.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
- Routine coordination with FHI 360 employees, partners, and consultants, on-site and in country offices.
- Manage and coordinate work between project staff, partners, consultants, government representatives, local health and research professionals, and recipients of assistance.
- Represent selected field programs and other organizations, including donors, and local and international partners.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Usual office working conditions; ability to travel internationally as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, public heath, or social sciences; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with NGOs or funding organizations involving program implementation and management. Previous working experience on USAID rules and regulations is a plus.
- Ability to supervise and support the management of programs for multiple programs across the Asia Pacific region.
- Proven experience in program management, monitoring and evaluation and reporting in diverse settings.
- Ability to manage and support the capacity building of multiple country programs in the Asia Pacific region.
- Superior written and oral communications skills in English
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360's Career Portal .
** We are accepting applications via FHI 360's Career Portal only **
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
email@example.com / Tel: 02 2635273
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant