The Institute for HIV Research and Innovation (IHRI) (Formerly PREVENTION, Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre) is a leader in research and innovation in the prevention of HIV and other health issues. We are a non-profit organization that is focused on organizational development through effective human resources management and capacity development processes to enable our personnel to work as efficiently as possible. Based on equality and community participation, which drives good public health policy. In addition, IHRI is a regional resource for research, education and training.
The Institute for HIV Research and Innovation (IHRI) stands for the elimination of stigma and discrimination and respect for diversity, to allow individuals to truly demonstrate their full potential, meet challenges, and have opportunities for career advancement and personal development to build a creative society together with us.
Role Overview: This position will implement activities under Stigma and Discrimination Division. The main objectives of work are to reduce stigma and discrimination targeting those related to HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including hepatitis C, and substance use. The candidate should develop and provide training on Stigma and Discrimination reduction programs tailoring to IHRI individuals/teams, KPLHS stakeholders, other public and private partners, policy makers, and society at large. The candidate will also coordinate and support implementation among CBOs and relevant stakeholders. The responsibilities are to ensure quality implementation of the activities which meet the missions and ultimate goal of IHRI. This position will support the Program Manager, Stigma and Discrimination Division.
Core Accountability & Responsibility:
1. Development and delivery of Stigma and Discrimination training modules and manuals, Support Program Manager to develop training modules on Stigma and Discrimination, Prepare budget and coordinate logistics for the training courses as assigned, Facilitate training sessions
2. Support Program Manager in performing needs and capacity assessment around Stigma and Discrimination within IHRI, at individual and team levels, Develop plan and tools for Stigma and Discrimination capacity building (e.g., training, workshop, SOP, etc.) within IHRI, and conduct capacity building activities, accordingly to needs identified, Support Program Manager in implementing capacity building plan
3. Coordinate and provide Stigma and Discrimination technical assistance to CBO, public and private partners and stakeholders, Develop SOP on stigma and discrimination, Coach SOP implementation, Monitor and evaluate KPLHS on stigma and discrimination
4. Represent IHRI in national platforms to develop national strategy to end Stigma and Discrimination and to advocate for policy change/legal reform to reduce Stigma and Discrimination.
5. Serve as a focal point for coordination with CBO partners and stakeholders to ensure smooth operation of programs, training and coaching activities.
6. Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
1. Thai citizen only
2. Bachelor’s degree in Law, Psychology, Social Work, Political Science, Public Health or other related fields.
3. At least 5 years of progressive experience in social development, program management relevant to stigma and discrimination issue, HIV program managing, implementing development programs
4. Experience in advocacy and capacity building; Specialization in stigma and discrimination reduction as well as HIV/AIDS with cross-cutting integration of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristics (SOGIESC) and human rights
5. Good experience in project management, including project design
6. Stigma and Discrimination Reduction and Ending AIDS strategy
7. HIV/AIDS, Emerging health issues related to HIV infection, policy changes in Thailand
8. Broad technical knowledge and competencies in the areas of HIV prevention, care and treatment, HIV counselling, sexually transmitted infections, mental health, substance use, gender sensitivity
9. Global and Thailand Ending AIDS strategy
10. Understanding and knowledge on relevant laws, advocacy related to stigma and discrimination
11. Rights-based approach with cross-cutting integration of SOGIESC
12. Project management (ability to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate)
13. Presentation skill, both oral and slide presentation
14. Excellent facilitation skills (lead discussions)
15. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written, oral, training skills
16. Coaching and Mentoring Skills, Communication Skills
Please send your cover letter, CV and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need any further information, please contact us via e-mail or phone: 02-160-5371 or visit our website at www.ihri.org Application Deadline: 30 June 2021 Only short-list candidates will be notified.
Contact : email@example.com