Regional HRIS and Compensation Manager, Asia
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Human Resources
LOCATION: Singapore/Anywhere in Asia
CONTRACT LENGTH: Open-Ended
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children with a vision of creating a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. As we complete 100 years in 2019 as an organization, Save the Children currently works in 117 countries in a variety of capacities around the world. Among five regional offices of Save the Children, Asia Regional Office - one of the largest region is based in Singapore providing strategic and operational oversight to 13 Country Offices in Asia.
As a key member of the regional HR team and working in close collaboration with the Regional HR Director (Asia), individual Country office Directors & HR teams and functional heads from the Head Quarter in London, this position will lead all functions related to HRIS management, other system building initiatives in the region, ensure data quality, generate and analyze all HR reports and HR scorecards, oversee compensation & benefits including payroll, salary benchmarking and all benefits. This position will be responsible for ensuring country office policy alignment with SCI global guidelines & policies to ensure Save the Children International is competitive and an employer of choice in both development and humanitarian contexts.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Human Resources Director, Asia
Staff reporting to this post:
Direct: Regional Payroll Coordinator, Regional Safeguarding Senior Officer
Role Dimensions: Save the Children works in 13 countries in the Asia region with a current complement of approximately 5600 staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
A. Build capacity of Country Offices (systems, policies & minimum operational standards):
1. Responsible for identifying gaps on policies and systems related to HRIS, Compensation & benefits and facilitate strengthening country office capacity in line with global HR guidelines and requirements.
2. Provide adequate clarity to all stakeholders in terms of policies and procedures.
3. Work with Country offices to ensure staff employment/HR manuals are legally compliant and meet global and local guidance.
4. Compile and support CO HR Leads to reduce gaps as identified in country specific SCI HR minimum operating standards.
B. Manage Global HRIS in Asia region:
1. Co-ordinate with the Center (SCI Head quarter) on changes and ensure all country offices implement the changes.
2. Responsible for data and report as per global, regional and country office requirements.
3. Generate periodical dashboard, people scorecard and equivalent reports, analyze for management decision.
C. Compensation and Benefits
1. Ensure compensation and benefits standards comply with SCI policies and/or other regulation or legislation
2. Manage SCI salary and benefit review process for Asia including annual increments, cost of living analysis, annual insurance renewals, medical benefits and any other salary grade structure review.
3. Perform Job Evaluation & salary review for country offices based on market benchmarking to ensure competitiveness to attract and retain good caliber staff; and to drive the desired organizational behavior and high performance culture.
4. Analyze Compensation & Benefit (C&B) market surveys, benchmark best C&B practices, fine-tune existing HR-related systems and/or propose new initiatives to strengthen SCI market position in attracting, rewarding and retaining talents.
5. Oversee payroll for Asia International staff and Asia Regional Office National staff.
6. Ensure income tax compliance for all national and international staff in the regional office.
D. Manage employee exit process:
1. Manage all employee exits, including retrenchments
2. Ensure processes take place as per SCI policies and in a transparent way.
3. Provide clarity to all stakeholders related to transitions.
E. Manage team performance:
1. Manage performance of supervisees.
2. Provide coaching and guidance for high performance.
3. Undertake professional development initiatives and take initiative for career growth.
1. Provide support to other HR team members and functions as necessary.
2. Ready to work to any site in humanitarian response in Asia region.
3. Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum: Equivalent to Bachelor degree level university degree with 5 years relevant working experience
Desirable: In Human Resources/data analytics/Business Administration/Management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Anti-Harassment Policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following channels;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : mailto:email@example.com