Business Manager - Asia
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Asia Regional Director, the Business Manager's primary responsibility is monitoring, supporting, and analyzing the program portfolio's financial performance and operations. In addition, the Business Manager provides high-level administrative and operational support to all programs in the portfolio.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Internews' headquarters and global offices are currently closed or partially remote. Internews staff are currently working remotely until at least 1 July 2021 or until the situation meaningfully changes within various locations. Ultimately, this position may be office-based, or partially remote, or fully remote. Candidates who would prefer an office-based position should feel free to express this preference.
Internews has field offices in Jakarta, Indonesia; Manila, Philippines; and Bangkok, Thailand. Our ideal candidate is based in one of these locations. Remote candidates based elsewhere will also be considered.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate's location and where the role is hired.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams, and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
Programmatic - 75%
- Provide analytical/financial support to the Asia Regional Director, including detailed financial analysis for project budgets (burn rate analysis) and labor forecasting;
- Coordinate with Financial Reporting team on expense reports, vouchers, and process payment requests;
- Monthly review of BVAs with field teams and Regional Director;
- Support Regional Director with Program Management Unit (PMU) strategy, including fundraising, staffing structure, liaising with key HQ-based departments to advance requests, and addressing training needs across the region;
- Maintain labor forecasting for PMU management and support teams;
- Oversee proposal budget development for new and modifications and adjustments of current budgets including Cost Extensions and No Cost Extensions;
- Review and approve invoices, expense reimbursements, advance requests, payment requests, field office and Program Management Unit expenses and recode requests;
- Liaise with program managers and business managers within portfolio and other departments as required;
- Significant communication and interaction with program staff and HQ Accounting, Human Resources, and Grants & Contracts Departments;
- Oversee operations of all field offices, including security proposals, navigating local registration, office opening and closeout, bank account opening/closing, local human resources, inventory tracking and disposition, and local financial management;
- Oversee project start-up/office opening, including recruitment and training of core staff, development of workplan budgets, identifying local legal firm to navigate registration, securing work permits, and establishing local employment handbook, supporting subgrant start-up, and facilitating office set-up (procurement of office furniture, installation of safety protocols, and coordination of procurement and installation of IT equipment);
- Review and approve monthly field office operating disbursements;
- Oversee regional and field office subgrants teams; and
- Review and approve internal procurement requests for goods and services.
- Monitor and resolve financial obligation issues with funders;
- Prepare advanced financial analysis and deliver presentations on the performance of the Asia portfolio as required;
- Oversee and monitor cost share obligations;
- Collaborate with Internews Europe programs and business support teams on new business development, identifying and tracking co-financing requirements, staff allocations and alliance accounting agreements;
- Support implementation of policies, procedures, and audit finding responses;
- Serve as key liaison and issue escalation point with business administration departments;
- Support Finance and Audit teams with annual corporate audit documentation; and
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values .
QUALIFICATIONS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant university degree required; Masters in related area preferred
- Experience with non-profit project and portfolio management as well as developing or supporting USAID funded programs
- Experience with financial analysis, accounting, bookkeeping and financial management
- Grant proposal and budget development experience
- Experience with legal/regulatory issues and/or policy advocacy a significant asset
- Experience with the Program Unit Region; language proficiency a significant asset; other regional language skills helpful
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Proficient in MS Office
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager