TITLE: Supply Chain Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support Services
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1-year contract with possibility of extension
The goal of the Supply Chain Coordinator is to ensure an effective work force required by Save the Children International Thailand Country based on best practice standards and in compliance with the local legal procedures and Save the Children Supply Chain policies. This is both a strategic and operational role. The post holder aims to improve a positive and impactful work environment through effective business partnering with the different teams within the Country Office structure as well as relevant Supply Chain technical leads at Regional and Global Level.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Human Resources and Administrative Manager
Indirectly Reports to: Head of Supply Chain, Asia
Staff reporting to this post: 1 (Supply Chain Assistant)
Indirect: 2 persons: Support Services Officer – Mae Sot and Support Service Officer – Pattani
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Promote and ensure clear requirements of quality and timely availability of procurement plan are consistently communicated to the programme teams
- Lead the communication and dissemination of new or changes to procurement procedures and requirements as per the global guidance
- Oversee all procurement activities and provide advice and leadership where required. Ensure that these activities are carried out in full compliance of Save the Children’s policy, protocol and also aligned with donor requirements
- Ensure that “Value for Money” has been taken as a core principle for all procurement activities
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead time for goods/services to be followed and achieved. Ensure procurement support is timely and efficient; ensuring effective delivery of goods and services
- Responsible for conducting and monitoring the Sourcing Level, also responsible for communicating with suppliers to obtain quotes, specifications and quality information
- Ensure that scheduling delivery and commercial conditions including lead time to delivery, guarantees, packing, transportation, quality, penalties and returns policies have been taken into careful consideration and meet the program requirements.
- Maintain and ensure the quality report especially the Procurement Tracker is updated and accurately on a monthly basis
- Ensure successful achievement on a monthly basis of the two Supply Chain key performance indicators (KPIs) as part of the country’s overall KPI and successful achievement of meeting the target of savings from sourcing activities. (Benefits Reporting). This will include raising issues through the Risk Management Report mechanism
- Provide orientation, coaching, and ongoing training for staff and partners (if required) to ensure all are aware of SCI procurement and Supply Chain policies and procedures
Internal & External Business Partnering and Reporting
- Proactively collaborate with Programs and other functions/departments to ensure that Supply Chain deliver the key values in a timely and effective manner
- Coordinate / with Myanmar Sri Lanka Thailand cluster (MST) and Asia Regional Office (ARO) related to Supply Chain matters and attend webinars/trainings as required by MST/ARO
- Responsible for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for country office submission and ensure high quality reports are delivered in timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that all Supply Chain Operation risks are regularly evaluated and that key risks are comprehensively mitigated.
- Actively participate in the Project Kick-Off, Program Meetings, Awards Review Meeting or related meetings that is related to Supply Chain to ensure that all information are taken for further planning and related key issues are constructively addressed.
- Ensure a proper tracking of all SCI assets especially an Asset Register and General Programming Equipment Register for the country office
- Ensure all assets are managed according to SCI policy (tagged, registered, issued, disposed of correctly, etc.)
- Perform a yearly physical check of assets and provide the updated asset register to Finance quarterly
- Ensure assets are insured and safe to use
Warehousing and Stock Management
- Ensure valid documentation of all processes are follow by SCI standard policy and protocol
- Ensure effective stock keeping system is in place for all warehouses and perform periodic spot-checks on the stock particularly mid-year stock check including provide stock check report as required by Save the Children’s policy and protocol.
- Ensure that the stock has been properly managed and reporting in the Total Inventory Management system (TIM)
- Provide related trainings to Supply Chain staffs in regards to policy changes related Warehousing and Stock Management including basic training for system use.
- Ensure sub-office stock managed by the Supply Chain focal point is timely and accurately
Transport & Fleet Management
- Ensure modes of transport used by staff are safe; such as rented vehicles have minimum safety standards, airlines with good aviation record are used and align with fleet management policy.
- Monitoring fleet related matters including sourcing activities – for rental that Vehicle Checklist has been maintained and quarterly updated to ensure Safety for staff
- Provide related training/updates to Supply Chain staff if there is policy/protocol change.
- Ensure a quality Fleet Report (Fleet Tracker) submitted by field offices
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Supply Chain, Logistics, Administration or other related fields)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Logistics or Supply Chain position within an international organisation
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong management skills including analytical skills, sound judgement and decision-making
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, enable to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external audiences
- Ability to speak and write English to an effective working standard.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and management colleagues at a global, regional and national level
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, understanding local and international religions and culture
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Anti-Harassment Policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
02 684 1286 - 8 ext: 608
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer