FINANCE AND OPERATIONS OFFICER
POSITION TITLE: Finance and Operations Officer
PROJECT TITLE: Mekong Sustainability Manufacturing Alliance
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Operations
EMPLOYER: Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC)
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
The Finance and Operations Officer performs a variety of accounting and operations tasks requiring knowledge of basic office procedures and accounting principles and methods. This position also serves as a liaison with external vendors; including governmental units, like Revenue Department, Social Security Office, and performs a number of office and facilities management duties. The position will support Finance and Operations across Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia.
- Manage day-to-day financial transactions and record in ISC accounting system;
- Ensure staff salary is timely disbursed; including other respective remittance and filing to ensure compliance with governmental requirements;
- Maintains petty cash funds, reconciles balances, prepares deposits, and maintains related records;
- Prepare staff and consultant travel as well as workshop advances and ensure timely liquidation;
- Perform monthly closing and bank reconciliation for timely submission to U.S. headquarters;
- Prepare monthly project advance for submission to U.S. headquarters;
- Prepare semi-annual report for submission to the Ministry of Labor;
- Maintain both hard copy and electronic files as related to financial activities;
- Maintains equipment and supply inventory; maintains records relating to receipt and issuance of materials or equipment;
- Prepares purchase/supply requisitions and orders for office equipment and supplies;
- Liaise with external vendors; including IT support;
- Provide administrative support to the Chief of Party and other Thailand team members;
- Assist U.S. headquarters with preparation of VAT report to donor;
- Assist with audit preparation and coordination;
- Assist with preparation of donor financial reports, as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel applications, and QuickBooks and/or other accounting software packages
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work duties to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external customers using tact, courtesy and good judgment
- Data entry skills with high degree of accuracy.
- Good oral and written communications skills, particularly in cross-cultural setting
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with a diverse group of people
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting
- At least five years of basic accounting experience
- Commitment to the ISC mission and goals
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter, a resume or curriculum vitae, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Application for Finance and Operations Officer”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled; early applications preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ISC is committed to a diverse workplace and highly encourages women, persons with disabilities, and people from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financier