ASEAN Regional Cooperation Programs
One year with possibility of renewal
Mode of engagement
The Asia Foundation (TAF) is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. TAF’s regional Southeast Asia cooperation program team supports the leadership of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in regional cooperation. The team is looking for a skilled, experienced, confident, and enthusiastic Program Assistant to play a vital role in our ASEAN programs.
Under the supervision of the Regional Program Manager, the Program Assistant will work as part of the team to support timely, effective and quality implementation of ASEAN programs. She/he will be responsible for general administrative and logistical support, contract administration, and financial management.
Scope of work:
General administrative and logistical support:
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters for ASEAN programs.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to both virtual and in-person program activities, such as meetings, seminars, and workshops, from conceptualization and preparation through execution and reporting.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating programs.
- Provide administrative support to the program team and consultants with respect to payments, entitlements, travel arrangements, and claims.
- Maintain the program calendar including key milestones and deadlines.
- Maintain program-related records in line with TAF’s procedures and systems.
- Assist with day-to-day administration of contracts and procurements between TAF and external consultants and service providers.
- Ensure the correctness of processes and appropriateness of contracts and documents used with each service or activity.
- Review invoices of consultants and service providers against the contracts.
- Keep records of contracts and procurement documents.
- Assist in the preparation of a budget estimate of planned activities and expenditures forecast for programs.
- Assist in monthly financial reporting to the finance team.
- Coordinate with other program teams and units of TAF-Thailand and other Country Offices as requested.
- Coordinate with external parties on administrative and logistical matters related to program activities.
- Participate in internal meetings of TAF and meetings with external parties, including donors, as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably with an international non-governmental organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general administrative support.
- Good communication skills, fluency in verbal and written English, and ability to communicate with people in a polite, cordial and cooperative manner.
- Good computer skills, with knowledge and experience in organizing and operating virtual meetings/webinars.
- Ability to organize own work and be self-motivated, proactive, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as well as independently to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and positive attitude and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
The position will be based in Bangkok, Thailand and therefore applicants need the citizenship or eligibility to work in Thailand.
An initial 1-year contract will be offered, with a possibility for renewal.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 July 2021 with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. (Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer