Senior Communications and Outreach Specialist, Sustainable Fish Asia Technical Support (SuFiA TS)
RTI is seeking a Senior Communications and Outreach Specialist for a four-year, USAID-funded, Sustainable Fish Asia (SUFIA) Technical Support Program. The goal of this program is to improve the management of marine biodiversity and fisheries resources in the Indo-Pacific region by reducing unsustainable fishing and illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing. This position will likely be based in Bangkok, Thailand but other locations will be considered, including in the focus countries of Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Brunei Darussalam, Solomon Islands, Timor Leste, and Vietnam.
The program will have three primary areas of activity: (1) regional sustainable fisheries policies, standards, and regulatory frameworks adopted and implemented; (2) adoption of fair labor and sustainable fishing practices by fishery businesses increased; and (3) project coordination, administrative and technical support, and outreach and communications.
The Senior Communications & Outreach Specialist will report to the Chief of Party and will lead on all communications related activities and product development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take lead and coordinate multiple contributors on all SuFiA TS communications related activities and product development including developing and disseminating communication and outreach materials in line with existing USAID guidance
- Lead the development SuFiA program communication, outreach, and roll-out plan, including a media engagement strategy and suite of complimentary communication products on the topics of biodiversity, sustainable fisheries management, fair labor standards, and other priority topics
- In collaboration with the media and communications vendors and stakeholders, lead the design of and support for media and public information campaigns
- Coordinate with SuFiA project regional partners, platforms, and other stakeholders to support the design of outreach strategies and operational plans
- Provide training to key stakeholders on engaging media for advocacy and information sharing
- Liaise with TV, radio channels, and newspapers to disseminate information, achievements, and results
- Support development and dissemination of information material for public awareness raising, behavior change, and priority campaigns
- Organize and Conduct public outreach events including press conferences, presentations, panels
- Work with monitoring, evaluation, and learning staff to create and share learning products such as manuals, research reports, and webinars
- An advanced degree in communications, knowledge management, or a related field
- At least five years of demonstrated experience at mid to senior-level or equivalent work experience in communication strategy and product development with the U.S. Government
- Experience working in Asia / Indo-Pacific region, including familiarity and contacts with regional traditional and social media companies and networks
- From three to ten years supervisory and or management work experience including (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff, (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and (3) contract management
- Experience with presentation, publication, and graphic design software
- A demonstrated ability to provide local capacity development in communications and knowledge management to local partner (government, civil society, and business) organizations
- A knowledge of the fishing sector and ocean conservation issues
- Must have English language reading and writing fluency
To apply, please upload your resume to RTI Careers. RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.
Deadline August 13, 2021
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator