Job Title : Finance Assistant
Location: Ratchaburi province
Length of contract : 6 months
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Ensure to finance support function for IRC Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi site.
• Assist finance manager for petty cash transactions and ensure that:
▪ The IRC policies and donor regulations are adhered to.
▪ Expenses are allowable as per specific donor regulations.
▪ The charging codes for payments submitted are correct.
▪ The calculations are correct. (This includes test of the mathematical accuracy of invoices, receipts and supporting documents to payments).
▪ The relevant supporting documents are attached in compliance to the IRC and the donor’s policies, procedures and regulations and ensure proof of receipt of goods and services before payment made.
▪ The request is approved by authorized person.
• Assist with clearance of all staff advance/receivable balances.
• Follow-up on any outstanding transactions including invoices and outstanding advances/receivables.
• Ensure calculate withholding tax in compliance with the Thai revenue department’s rules and regulations.
• Assist Finance Manager in preparation the cash disbursement of Tham Hin Camp Base Assistant stipend and ensure supporting documents are valid and correct.
▪ Summarize total amount to be paid on the monthly basis.
▪ Prepare cheque based on the approved payment document.
▪ Prepare document to the bank indicating types of banks notes.
▪ Arrange stipend envelope.
• Prepare and distribute cheque to vendors based on the approved payment requests.
• Clear outstanding balance finance already paid in BvA online system.
• Assist Finance Manager to perform other duties as requested.
Report to: Finance Manager
Position directly supervises: -
Indirect Reporting: Field Coordinator
external contacts: Vendor-Supplier, Agent, Landlord
Internal: IRC staff
Duration of Work: 6 months (August 2021- January 2022)
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university
• Work Experience: Minimum of 1-year relevant work experience with NGOs.
• Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Computer literate (minimum MS Word and Excel)
• Language Skills: Thai native with good English language skills (speak, write and read).
• The position is a national post and will be based in the IRC office in Ratchaburi, with travel to Kanchanaburi, Bangkok and the Thailand-Myanmar border area as required.
If you are interested, please apply via link below
Contact : Thailand.email@example.com